• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CGhoST said:

Am i to understand that i do not need to make that change and its not really a bug then?

If i leave everything as is will be good?

I -believe- so.  Use Core Code as it stands and look at a product that has a special price, it should be something like;

$99.99 $49.99

In other words, old price with a strikethru, special price in red.

1 hour ago, CGhoST said:

Am i to understand that i do not need to make that change and its not really a bug then?

If i leave everything as is will be good?

Yes, there's no bug unless you introduce one by making the suggested change :tongue:

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

1 hour ago, CGhoST said:

Put an item on special and then go to that page. If the order of the prices are correct, you're all set. If not, you need to make the change.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Put an item on special and then go to that page. If the order of the prices are correct, you're all set. If not, you need to make the change.

Even if not correct, your change is still not needed.  If not correct, they go and change the language file.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug in advanced_search_result.php - the data-in-stock attribute doesn't get populated in the product listing. This isn't going to matter unless you want to install an addon that uses it, eg. to disable buy buttons on out of stock items. If you do that, you'll find that they're all disabled!

change line 179 to

$select_str = "select distinct " . $select_column_list . " m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, SUBSTRING_INDEX(pd.products_description, ' ', 20) as products_description, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_quantity as in_stock, if(s.status, 1, 0) as is_special ";

ie. add

p.products_quantity as in_stock

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

It seems there is no output for categories images in the index nested and index products modules.

There is in cm_in_title.php:

$category_name  = $OSCOM_category->getData($current_category_id, 'name');
      $category_image = $OSCOM_category->getData($current_category_id, 'image');

But $category_image is unused in tpl_in_title.php:

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> title cm-in-title">
  <div class="page-header">
    <h1 class="h3"><?php echo sprintf(MODULE_CONTENT_IN_TITLE_PUBLIC_TITLE, $category_name); ?></h1>
  </div>
</div>

Same in cm_ip_title.php and tpl_cm_ip_title.php

Best fix would be to add a separate module for the image.

Here for now the index_products module:

category_image_module.zip

20 hours ago, raiwa said:

It seems there is no output for categories images in the index nested and index products modules.

This isn't a bug persé.  In normal 2.3.4 the only place category images are used is in index_nested, eg;

https://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?cPath=3

If you click into one of these sub categories, you won't see the image;

https://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?cPath=3_10

I placed the code in the "title" module to at least give shopowners the capability to eg;

cat_im.jpg.fe84ef4967ccba88768da4c36c16c2d8.jpg

by simply adding in a tep_image call to the relevant template.

Yes, seems I'm too used to see them in already modified stores showing on product level :-)

Anyway, it would be a good feature.

Previous versions of oscommerce had code included that would display banners in a certain group automatically. That code has been removed and to show a banner now requires a module, or some additional code if one prefers, in order to display. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something. I just found  that my shop does not send out the bank transfer data  (like the IBAN etc.) in the confirmation email anymore, in case when 'money order' is the chosen payment option.

The commit from May 3  commented out a line in moneyorder.php which made it stop working here:

- $this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;

+ //$this->email_footer = MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER;

When I remove the two // it works again. What am I missing here, should there be any new module instead that sends out this data and which is not setup correctly yet? And why is the line commented out and not simply removed when not needed anymore?

The blame view of the file shows the change being related to an undefined constant warning. My guess is that the line is just commented so it's easy to put back if it turned out that it's needed in some circumstances, like yours!

I don't think that change to this module was correct, actually; it needed this line moving inside the test

if ( defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_STATUS') ) {

but I predict that this module still throws an undefined constant warning (both now and with the line moved instead of commented) because MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION also refers to the same constant that is not defined unless the module is installed. The easiest fix for that is probably a change to the language file to test if MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO is defined.

There are loads of payment modules that had not been designed with any concern over the use of undefined constants, so were throwing warnings and to review, code and test each one in detail would not have been worthwhile. Hence the approach of commenting the line so it's easy to deal with any unintended consequences.

Ha ha! The fix I just described to the language file was put in on 8 May.

It looks like Gary just forgot to uncomment the line you're missing.

On 07/06/2018 at 12:57 PM, 241 said:

I made this available via the configuration menu in admin

admin/includes/application_top.php
Find:

// Define how do we update currency exchange rates
// Possible values are 'oanda' 'xe' 'fixer' or ''
// fixer is the lastest added, more details at http://fixer.io
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_PRIMARY', 'fixer');
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_BACKUP', '');

Change to:

// Define how do we update currency exchange rates
// Possible values are 'oanda' 'xe' 'fixer' or ''
// fixer is the lastest added, more details at http://fixer.io
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_PRIMARY', PRIMARY_CURRENCY_SERVER);
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_BACKUP', BACKUP_CURRENCY_SERVER);

admin/includes/functions/localization.php
Find:

$ch = curl_init('http://api.fixer.io/latest?base=' . $from . '&symbols=' . $to);

Change to:

$ch = curl_init('http://data.fixer.io/api/latest?access_key=' . FIXER_ACCESS_KEY . '&base=' . $from . '&symbols=' . $to);

Database: (You can change the sort_order numbers if needs be)

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES
('', 'Backup Currency Converter', 'BACKUP_CURRENCY_SERVER', 'xe', 'Backup currency converter different from Primary.<br>Fixer requires sign up for access key.', 1, 30, '2018-06-07 12:23:02', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'oanda\', \'xe\', \'fixer\'),'),
('', 'Primary Currency Converter', 'PRIMARY_CURRENCY_SERVER', 'oanda', 'Primary currency converter.<br>Fixer requires sign up for access key.', 1, 29, '2018-06-07 12:22:54', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'oanda\', \'xe\', \'fixer\'),'),
('', 'Fixer.io access key', 'FIXER_ACCESS_KEY', '', 'Fixer.io currency converter access key', 1, 28, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

Just an update to instructions need to move the define section in admin/includes/application_top.php to below the configuration.

// set application wide parameters
  $configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);
  while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {
    define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);
  }

admin/includes/functions/localization.php
Find:

$page = file('http://www.xe.net/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=' . $from . '&To=' . $to);

Change to:

$page = file('https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert.cgi?Amount=1&From=' . $from . '&To=' . $to);

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I may have missed something, but could anyone please explain why is this code in /logoff.php

tep_session_unregister('customer_id');
  tep_session_unregister('customer_default_address_id');
  tep_session_unregister('customer_first_name');
  tep_session_unregister('customer_country_id');
  tep_session_unregister('customer_zone_id');
if ( tep_session_is_registered('sendto') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('sendto');
}

if ( tep_session_is_registered('billto') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('billto');
}

if ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('shipping');
}

if ( tep_session_is_registered('payment') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('payment');
}

if ( tep_session_is_registered('comments') ) {
  tep_session_unregister('comments');
}

Better than simply unsetting the whole session with this one command:

session_unset();

Some add-ons use additional session parameters which may not be desired to be lost. Even core may use some parameters which should stay untouched like navigation history, language and currency, or do I miss something?

Thinking again, you may be right.

• 3 weeks later...

In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php, line 168 should be

$prod_list_contents .= '      <div class="col-xs-6" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="' . tep_output_string($currency) . '" /><div class="btn-group" role="group"><button type="button" class="btn btn-default"><del>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</del>&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="productSpecialPrice" itemprop="price" content="' . $currencies->display_raw($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></button></div></div>';

the change here is to set the price in the schema data to the special price instead of the normal product price

• 4 weeks later...
  • burt changed the title to Frozen bug list

Archived