• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ol.breadcrumb:first-child a { display: inline-block; width: 100px; }

Worked fine for stock install,  will always be a compromise as what looks good on pc not always so good on mobile.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something i have just noticed. 

it is possible for the list of categories to go all over the place, if one or two of them, go over two lines (e.g. if you use a category width of 2 and have a category with a long title)

i seemed to fix it at least on the quick test on my site it was doing it on and on the clean frozen version

in the tpl_cm_in_category_listing.php, I just added to the second line

class="row list-group"

and that's all.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

@BrockleyJohn @JcMagpie

I checked my old edge installation from a year ago and this sort of jerkiness is not there. Because of change to vector is why this is happening?

It doesnt seem normal. Having a jerky website. There is no way to fix this?

Edit: I installed Auto update quantity and price in Shopping Cart. Makes it very annoying on page refresh.

Ok I will try than and see if it works.

The product info page can be made stabel by adding a container to the the relavent page file and using this in user.css But it will only work if you have one image. For Gallery needs better solution.

.image-container {
  position: relative;
  padding-bottom: 75%; /* ratio of image height to width  640x480*/
  height: 0;
  overflow: hidden;
}

.image-container img {
  position: absolute;
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
  width: 100%;
}
.image-container {
  /* original styles here */
  background-color: #ffffff; /* light white image placeholder */
}

24 minutes ago, wHiTeHaT said:

a fix preventing the flickering could be:
CSS:

body {
  display: none;
}

little JS in template_bottom.php

<script>
  $("body").fadeIn(100);
</script>

:thumbsup:Much better solution works on all pages and stops all jerking even images. I had to change too 1000 to make it work but I think that be smaller.

Another bug: admin/includes/classes/phplot.php throws the error unexpected } on line 1322.

Add a curly bracket to the end of line 1320, like this:

if (is_array($color_asked) && (count($color_asked) == 3)) {
	   		$ret_val =  $color_asked;
		} else { // is asking for a color by string

...if you have any need to use banner manager

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

37 minutes ago, wHiTeHaT said:

a fix preventing the flickering could be:
CSS:

body {
  display: none;
}

little JS in template_bottom.php

<script>
  $("body").fadeIn(100);
</script>

Does it matter where you put the JS code in template_bottom.php ?

I have put it at the start of the file after the first ?>

Does a nice job

On 6/2/2018 at 11:03 AM, Jack_mcs said:

6 - In includes/template_top.php, change the version number to the current one because some icons being used won't work in V 5.0.6.

<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.6/js/all.js"></script>

to

<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.9/js/all.js"></script>

The latest now is:

<script defer src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.13/js/all.js"></script>

1. includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php

with added FORM_REQUIRED_INPUT asterisks:

checkout_new_address.php

2. includes/modules/downloads.php

with added panel tags to fit the style of other modules:

downloads.php

On 6/2/2018 at 8:11 AM, wHiTeHaT said:

@wHiTeHaTThanks for the links.

I had download few different BS version, last month i download 2.3.4.1 from oscommerce product page, i thought it should be BS version, but somehow I just notice now after install 12 different addons that the front page not doing any size change.......so i am not sure now what exactly which version I should start all over again.....frustrated!!!

Fix for currency update via fixer:

And previous post with instructions to get the Access Key

It seems its just that your side columns are to wide or the center column too small.

The buttons do not fit in the product boxes.

Change the  product listing to 2 columns: admin => modules => content => product listing [ index_products ] =>  Item Width => 6

or change the layout of your product boxes

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

It seems its just that your side columns are to wide or the center column too small.

The buttons do not fit in the product boxes.

Change the  product listing to 2 columns: admin => modules => content => product listing [ index_products ] =>  Item Width => 6

or change the layout of your product boxes

its not producing any changes on the advanced_search_results.php, Rainer...

Oh, yes. advanced_search_result.php still uses the old product_listing.php module.

There it is hardcoded:

// php 5
  $list_group_item = (isset($item_width) ? $item_width : 4);
  // php 7
  // $list_group_item = $item_width ?? 4;

change 4 to 6

or try:

// php 5
  $list_group_item = (defined('MODULE_CONTENT_IP_PRODUCT_LISTING_CONTENT_WIDTH_EACH') ? MODULE_CONTENT_IP_PRODUCT_LISTING_CONTENT_WIDTH_EACH : 4);
  // php 7
  // $list_group_item = $item_width ?? 4;

On 06/06/2018 at 11:35 AM, raiwa said:

Fix for currency update via fixer:

And previous post with instructions to get the Access Key

I made this available via the configuration menu in admin

admin/includes/application_top.php
Find:

// Define how do we update currency exchange rates
// Possible values are 'oanda' 'xe' 'fixer' or ''
// fixer is the lastest added, more details at http://fixer.io
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_PRIMARY', 'fixer');
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_BACKUP', '');

Change to:

// Define how do we update currency exchange rates
// Possible values are 'oanda' 'xe' 'fixer' or ''
// fixer is the lastest added, more details at http://fixer.io
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_PRIMARY', PRIMARY_CURRENCY_SERVER);
  define('CURRENCY_SERVER_BACKUP', BACKUP_CURRENCY_SERVER);

admin/includes/functions/localization.php
Find:

$ch = curl_init('http://api.fixer.io/latest?base=' . $from . '&symbols=' . $to);

Change to:

$ch = curl_init('http://data.fixer.io/api/latest?access_key=' . FIXER_ACCESS_KEY . '&base=' . $from . '&symbols=' . $to);

Database: (You can change the sort_order numbers if needs be)

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES
('', 'Backup Currency Converter', 'BACKUP_CURRENCY_SERVER', 'xe', 'Backup currency converter different from Primary.<br>Fixer requires sign up for access key.', 1, 30, '2018-06-07 12:23:02', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'oanda\', \'xe\', \'fixer\'),'),
('', 'Primary Currency Converter', 'PRIMARY_CURRENCY_SERVER', 'oanda', 'Primary currency converter.<br>Fixer requires sign up for access key.', 1, 29, '2018-06-07 12:22:54', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'oanda\', \'xe\', \'fixer\'),'),
('', 'Fixer.io access key', 'FIXER_ACCESS_KEY', '', 'Fixer.io currency converter access key', 1, 28, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

On 4.6.2018 at 3:23 PM, BrockleyJohn said:

Ein weiterer Fehler: admin / includes / classes / phplot.php löst den Fehler unerwartet in Zeile 1322 aus .

Fügen Sie am Ende der Zeile 1320 eine geschweifte Klammer wie folgt hinzu:

... wenn Sie einen Banner-Manager benötigen

After the update, the buttons for editing and deleting as well as the statistics on the right will not be displayed at all. what could that be?

My German is improving :biggrin:

I think you made a mistake in the edit but errors are suppressed in admin / includes / application_top.php

See attached: without errors suppressed, the original behaviour is 'before' and fixed is 'after'

before.jpg

after.jpg

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

38 minutes ago, Yepi said:

Hello John, I'm sorry. With the German was my mistake.
Thank you for the help. I managed it.

Bitte

I feel there is something wrong with the review and Add to cart buttons on product_info. While they work fine on a desktop PC, they do not work at all (nothing happens) on the three Android mobiles I have  to test here. However, on the Android tablet they work.

I have this error not only in my shop but also with @JcMagpie 's demo shop at tbyb.co.uk (e.g. when I try to put the keyboard into the cart which works fine on the PC)

When I use the product_info.php from before March 15 (commit Remove Hardcoded Buttons), it works again on my mobile.

Just found this has nothing to do with PC / Android but just with screen size: when I resize the window on the desktop more and more smaller, the button finally stops working. Does not change colour when mouse hovering, and does not work.

Just try here yourself: https://tbyb.co.uk/product_info.php/microsoft-internet-keyboard-ps2-p-25

The buttons are probably not on the front layer and need to be forced forward by styling them.

However, it's not a bug in the core code - it's likely an addon causing it. The delivered code doesn't do it (at least not in the default order!)

• burt changed the title to Frozen bug list

Archived