• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How modify default email/sales messages in OSCommerce

Kevanf

Hi All,

I have just recently set up OSCommerce, the initial set up process has gone smoothly, I need to modify the default text messages that are sent in a email, but I have been unable to locate where to do this.

Thanks In Advance.

Kevanf

there are various emails sent, start looking in the includes/languages/english (or your language)

e.g.checkout_process.php

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

14 minutes ago, Mikepo said:

there are various emails sent, start looking in the includes/languages/english (or your language)

e.g.checkout_process.php

Thanks Mike,

Big help. 

Is this the only way to modify the text, meaning is there a way to make changes in the Admin section of OSCommerce?

Regards.

Kev

Kev, Generally yes, but you get use to it!

Some addons and modules allow text to be changed in admin. 

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

9 hours ago, Mikepo said:

Kev, Generally yes, but you get use to it!

Some addons and modules allow text to be changed in admin. 

Mike

OK, thanks again Mike.

I am sure I will get used to it, just a few tweeks I need to do before I can use "live"

Kev

What others are getting at is that the official version of oscommerce available from this site and most cpanel hosting has not been updated for many years. The unofficial BS community version available from github is responsive using bootstrap, and has been updated for new php7 versions. It is also a very different beast, with very simple module upload and installs. It is the version that most new addons are made for, and most coders here use it and can give you help should you need it.

If you want to use the official version, you can, but its not recommended as its not been updated in years.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived