• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upload products from another website

valquiria23

Hello everyone,

I am trying to start a new OSC page for my brother who has a hardware store. He does not have all the products in the store for reasons of stock and space.

On the other hand his suppliers have all their articles on their own website and I was looking at similar pages (retail) where through a web service or other mechanism they load the wholesale catalog automatically to the retail website.

I wanted to know if that is possible in OSC.

I hope I was clear, any questions to the orders.

regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

If you can get the wholesalers list in a standard format like csv, sql or Excel, it is possible to import via easy populate.

Anyway you need almost always to do some preprossesing in excel or similar to clean up data.

csv or sql you can also import directly into your database, but as mentioned, it's unlikely that you get the wholesalers data prepared and with a useable table structure to do so.

Dear @raiwa

Ok I'm going to get the wholesalers DB and I'll show it to you to see how easy or difficult it is.

The idea is to see how often they will give me that list and then see if it can somehow be automated, your believe it would be possible to automate?

regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Archived