• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Attributes - Auto Select

GetSirius

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically select a Product's Attributes? What I want to do is allow a file download on every product. It would be nice if the customer did not have to select that they want a download, I would like that automatically selected. I might even hide the selection block as it should not be needed if there is only one Product Attribute. 

A little off topic, but it would be nice if I could add the file to be downloaded on the same page used when adding/editing products...

thanks in advance, Chuck

Thanks for the tip raiwa, forgot to mention what I am working on! I have searched both forums and google but did not find my answer.

Recent install of V2.3.4.1 BS Edge, very little modification, mostly just language file changes.

Hello Chuck @GetSirius,

1. remove the attributes menu default option "Please Select"
this is done in "product_info.php" or if your product info page is modularized, switch off the default text in the attributes module.
(now you may see why I asked for details of your exact version)

Like this the download option will be selected by default if its the only option/attribute.

2. to hide the options, in product_info.php or cm_pi_options_attributes.php module, add to "<div class="form-group' . $fr_feedback . '">"  style="display:none;"

should look like this: "<div class="form-group' . $fr_feedback . '" style="display:none;">"

The menu must still be included to pass the attribute to cart and order class.

3. then you can do the same to hide the options/attributes display in shopping-cart.php, checkout_confirmation.php and the order e-mail confirmation

4. there is the Ajax Attributes Manager:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/mKsGy&ajax-attribute-manager-bs

It allows to add and define options/attributes on the product page in admin, including the filenam for downloadable products.

Although the file itself must still be uploaded separate via ftp

Archived