• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Colors on Boxe Titles Change

AAWISDOM

New version v2.3.4.1 CSS isn't like older version. Can't find how to change Font types and colors as appeared in image below. Does anyone know how? Why the hell these developers keep changing unnecessary file like this? I am pissed! I didn't use oscommerce for about 3 years and now have to hunt how they organized and structured files and directories to customize how I want the appearance to be.

OSC-forum.JPG

I figured it out. We have to change  catalog\ext\jquery\ui\redmond\jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css file here:

.ui-widget-header a{color:#000000}

That file by default is messed up with missing RETURN CARRIAGES, so it will appear like one big run on line for many. Put proper returns after lines and change that line. It's about at line 153, but line numbers are different for us. I really think idiots make different CSS files to achieve these looks that are not that complex...

To follow up, it's insanity and stupidity that not all boxes' title colors and font styles change with what is above alone. Some boxes change and some are left out. Some box's title fonts should be changed from this block in default CSS file, stylesheet.css. Put color setting to it like

.infoBoxHeading { color: red; }

So half boxes can be changed with above, and other half:

catalog\ext\jquery\ui\redmond\jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css file here:

.ui-widget-header a{color:#000000}

I am not pleased with such stupidity, but I guess I should say thanks for this free products... Who the hell decided to mess up these CSS files? Previous versions architecture made sense.

My store is here: www.aaw.link/market/

Instead of the version you are using, you should be using the CE version.  It has a number of advantages over the version you are using. One being how the css is handled.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

@AAWISDOM

Since it looks like you are starting out with a clean install of osC 2.3.4.1, listen to what @Jack_mcs said. While v2.3.4.1 is the last 'official' release, it was just a hot-fix to v2.3.4, which is several years old. In addition to being old, there are concerns that v2.3.4.1 will fail when your host upgrades their version of PHP.

The 'community edition' of osC, while not 'official', is the latest version. It is responsive (meaning it will adjust the display to fit the screen size (important for all of the people using mobile devices these days)), much more modular (meaning you can turn features on or off, or even add new features, all without touching the core code), and is PHP 7.x ready. And, as @Jack_mcs said, it handles CSS much better. There is a user.css file which loads last, so you can enter any css definitions you want, all without having to touch the 'stock' css files (which you should never touch). You can find a link to it in my signature below.

Now, before you bitch about why the community edition is not official, nor is there any reference to it on the osC website, please note that the owner of the osC name and code has stepped away from the project (we don't know for how long), and he is the only one that can make that change. This is why the community has stepped up to produce an updated version of osC. After all, this is an open source project.

16 hours ago, AAWISDOM said:

I am not pleased with such stupidity, but I guess I should say thanks for this free products... Who the hell decided to mess up these CSS files? Previous versions architecture made sense.

Nice way to ask for help, by the way ...

Malcolm

Archived