• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After reading Terms and Conditions, return to prior page

ArtcoInc

I have installed @burt's MATC (Must Accept Terms and Conditions) add-on on both create_account.php and checkout_shipping.php. In both cases, I would like it if the customer clicks on the MATC link, which takes them to the conditions.php page, after they (supposably) read the T&C's, when they click the Continue button, they return to the page they were initially at. In the stock conditions.php file, clicking on Continue takes the customer to index.php.

TIA

Malcolm

I also used a modal to show the T&C contents. Redirecting away from the checkout and then try to get back in is not ideal. Worst case let it open a new browser tab or window but as mentioned a modal or even display it within the page is probably the better solution.

@artcolnc, your site use colorbox? I thought I did it with Bootstrap modal, at least at one time I probably did, but I looked at my code I did it with Colorbox. I'll send u my codes if you use Colorbox. You will just have to hack it into the js script. LMK.

I have not touched the BS codes for a few years now...

@clustersolutions Yes, thank you. I still have a question, though.

In light of all of this GDPR stuff, do you think it is better to have the customer acknowledge our Terms and Conditions, or our Privacy Policy?

Malcolm

(or, can we have a single check box that acknowledges both?)

Hey, @ArtcoInc, Im no expert in GDPR, you may want to get some real expert advise. Now, my understanding is that it is applicable to EU, and if you don't hv EU customers, I just don't see how that may impact you. But I also have read to expect the US to follow suit. Also, if you don't sell or buy data, you probably have even less to worry. Now, I don't know your T&C nor PP, so you probably need that data collection where it is applicable. For example, right where you collect the email.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, ArtcoInc said:

@clustersolutions Yes, thank you. I still have a question, though.

In light of all of this GDPR stuff, do you think it is better to have the customer acknowledge our Terms and Conditions, or our Privacy Policy?

Malcolm

(or, can we have a single check box that acknowledges both?)

This may be a silly answer, but I say both. Privacy policy on create account, then its done, and then T&Cs on checkout.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

And if there is reason for such concern there's always https://www.qumram.com/products , just bought by another company too.

My work borkers millions of data point a day, we were considering qumram.com to record screen opt-in for phone calls. The penalty is mucho becau$$$e.

2 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

This may be a silly answer, but I say both. Privacy policy on create account, then its done, and then T&Cs on checkout.

Archived