• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The only difference is that more people will see it. That's it. It's not an official version. It's a community version, and the responsibility for it is passed onto the community.

24 minutes ago, raiwa said:

it's a difference to have to find and download FROZEN or EDGE from Github versus to find Phoenix

But either Frozen or Edge (I think Frozen) was likewise on the official download page until replaced by Phoenix. How has the situation changed?

1 minute ago, MrPhil said:

But either Frozen or Edge (I think Frozen) was likewise on the official download page until replaced by Phoenix. How has the situation changed?

This is the first time the community edition is listed on the osC download page.

2 minutes ago, MrPhil said:

That's news to me. I've seen CE listed for a while now.

Never on the osC product page. It's been cleaned up, there were a few other versions listed, but they never included the so called community versions.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:22 AM, supercheaphobb said:

Well this is a bugger.. 

Very frustrating........

Whoops! You misspelled "Thank you, Burt, for all your hard work in keeping the osCommerce project alive and relevant.  We know we have to keep up with evolutions in PHP and other technologies, and we're glad you are helping us do it."

Contributions: Better Together and Quantity Discounts for osCommerce 2.3.x and Phoenix. See my profile for more details.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, supercheaphobb said:

Well this is a bugger, spent the last month or so getting Frozen all setup with all the modifications needed (some paid for, some not) finally made it live and now find this out.

Are the database tables the same from Frozen to Phoenix?
As this is would make it an easy upgrade path for us store owners

Very frustrating........

Why a bugger? My shop is running on Frozen (for 1,5 year or so) and end of life does not mean that it will immediately stop working.

My guess is that it will continue to work for at least 4 years or so. My shop does not have any complex add-ons, so I do not worry too much.

Neither should you. 🙂

Archived