Sign in to follow this  
valquiria23

AUTO EMAIL REPLY

Hello friends,

Could someone kindly tell me if this contribution is compatible with OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge?

AUTO EMAIL REPLY
https://apps.oscommerce.com/Q44GE

Kisses and excellent weekend

Valqui

Please do not falsify my words. Are you interested in knowing who does it? Send me a PM.

The Phoenix Club won't allow me to join - why not?

Setting up a new Frozen site with so many nice addons available on the market. 

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart:

@valquiria23

Considering that the files were last updated in 2009 (pre bootstrap, pre osC 2.3.x), I will assume that you will have to make some edits and changes to make it work with Edge.

Malcolm

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

Thank you very much @ArtcoInc

I'm not really a programmer, so I have no idea what I should do :blush:
It seems a very good addon. There is a brave one who is encouraged to make it work in EDGE?

Kisses

Valqui

Please do not falsify my words. Are you interested in knowing who does it? Send me a PM.

The Phoenix Club won't allow me to join - why not?

Setting up a new Frozen site with so many nice addons available on the market. 

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart:

@valquiria23

I looked at the add-on in question. I see some language additions and some logic changes in the contact_us.php file. Just from a casual glance, neither should be a problem with Edge. However, there are some input field additions in the contact_us.php page that will likely need to be tweaked to work with Edge. Not too much of a chore, but something there none the less.

Two notes:

1) You can eliminate adding the additional input fields (they added a Company and Phone Number field), but you will also have to delete all other references to these fields in the new logic code. So, it's a question of which is more important (or easier) ... keeping the additional fields, or removing all references to them in the logic code.

2) The author has two sets of instructions intermingled ... one set for if you have another add-on (called Visual Verify Code) installed, and another for if you don't. Pay attention, and don't get the instructions mixed up.

HTH

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here .

You can do this outside osC, all depends on what email capability you have available on your server. Many now have a autoresponder. Check your control panel and see if its available. So the if say your email is info@mywebsite.com  you set up the autoresonder just for that email then when a customer sends you email they will get a automatic response. Its quite easy to set up if you have it.