• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Allowing Guest checkout

zefeena

I’m having huge problems with my site, since a PayPal update customers can’t pay via PayPal (my only accepted payment method)

my wesite is set to make everyone register on my site, and I can’t remember where it is that I change this to allow guest checkout

can anyone tell me please

thanjs

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Paypal express allows customers to purchase without typing their details on your site (they are passed from paypal)

I think this is set in the paypal settings

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

18 hours ago, Mort-lemur said:

Paypal express allows customers to purchase without typing their details on your site (they are passed from paypal)

I think this is set in the paypal settings

I know I've seen it somewhere but I have looked everywhere on PayPal and no joy!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I belive you have to sign up for paypal express with paypal first before you can install on your site. Once selected in your paypal account it should be available for you to install. It depends on which version of paypal you have on your site. On mine as soon as I had selected it in my paypal account, I recived an update to paypal on my site admin and express was available to install.

image.thumb.png.4f07c985c58a84d0e473025e1992ddb1.png

How do I integrate Express Checkout with osCommerce?

When you integrate Express Checkout with osCommerce, customers are transferred to PayPal, where they enter their payment information. All credit card and PayPal transactions take place on a PayPal checkout page.

Here's how to integrate osCommerce with Express Checkout:
  1. Log in to your osCommerce admin panel.
  2. Click Modules.
  3. Click Payment. (If the PayPal Express Checkout module is already installed, skip to Step 7.)
  4. Click Install Module.
  5. Scroll down the Modules list until you find the PayPal section and select PayPal Express Checkout.
  6. Click Install Module.
  7. Select the PayPal Express Checkout module and click Edit.
  8. Complete the following fields:
  • Enable PayPal Express Checkout - Set to True.
  • Seller Account - Enter your PayPal email address.
  • API Username - Enter your API username.
  • API Password - Enter your API password.
  • API Signature - Enter your API Signature.
  • PayPal Account Optional (Guest Checkout) - Select True or False.
  • Transaction Method - Select either Authorization or Sale.
  • Transaction Server - Set to Live.
  • Review additional options.
  1. Click Save.

Archived