• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up PayPal API on my website

tobme

I would like to set up PayPal API on my website preferably through osCommerce as recommended by PayPal for faster checkout. I downloaded an app from: https://apps.oscommerce.com/fZMiN&paypal-app on my PC but was unable to install, start or set it up. I wonder if I have downloaded the right app. I also have a problem accessing the integration guide.

Please, I would appreciate if I can get help to set it up on my website.

Thank you.

@tobme

Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but ...

osCommerce is an online shopping-cart program, allowing you to sell products. You need to install osCommerce on a server. The server needs to meet the requirements of osCommerce, including having a web server (typically Apache), PHP (a programing language interpreter), and a database (typically mySQL). If you don't meet these requirements, you can not install or run osCommerce.

Please note that you can install osCommerce on an in-house test server (I have one here for my testing and development), or on a host's server. If you are taking your store live (and actually plan to sell items), please use a host. DO NOT try to host a live site yourself ... the hackers will eat you alive!

Your initial question asked about the Paypal module. This is a module that you ADD TO your osCommerce shop. It is NOT a standalone application. Nor can the Paypal module be installed on a website that does NOT have osCommerce installed.

Now, before you go any further, please realize that the 'official' v2.3.4(.1) version of osCommerce is obsolete. Do NOT waste your time with it. Please download the community supported Edge version (link in my signature below).

If you need help getting osCommerce up and running, please start another thread asking how to do that. Once you have osCommerce (the Edge version) running, and if you are still having problems getting Paypal to work, there is a section of this forum specifically for payment module problems (including a section just for Paypal problems).

HTH

Malcolm

I am very grateful for this highly explicit and helpful message.

At present, my website does not have osCommerce installed. I am using Website Builder. I have a server with Apache Tomcat and a mySQL database but no PHP, please. I may have to wait until I meet these requirements.

Thank you.