• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stock Control not working

zefeena

Hi,

I have a lot of products and many are one off, so stock control is essential.  It used to be fine, and I don't know when or why it doesn't work now.  I haven't made any changes to my site I a year at least.

I do not use attributes. 

The site is allowing checkout with 'insufficient stock' I do have this set to false, so this should n't happen

I also find that customers baskets don't always empty, and they create multiple identical orders, though they only pay once (I have paypal express installed as my only payment option).

I think that customers have added items to their basket, not checked out.  then another customer has come along bought the item, and while it has gone off the site and is not shown to new customers, the customer who already had it in their basket is able to check out.

This is causing me a lot of wasted time, constantly looking for items that actually are no-longer available in my stock.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks.  Kellie

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I did search the site before.   I also searched the add-ons, to see if I could find one to empty all the baskets, as a temporary fix but no luck there.

Unless you can post me a link to where my 'question has been answered before' then your reply really isn't helpful.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

@zefeena

Can you to please tell us what version of osCommerce you are using, what version of PHP, what OS your host is using to host your store, what add-on's you have installed, has this problem always been this way, how long you have had this problem ...

(the link above asked all of these)

As my post stated that no changes had been made to my site in over a year, and obviously I have only recently noticed the problem.  My signature states the version I am using, and although running a few add-ons, none are likely to be conflicting or causing the error, my site is very basic when it comes to the basket etc. I do not use attributes, or any add ons to do with stock control.I have been with the same host for a year, and not made any changes to anything.  I have no idea how long the problem has been occurring.  I have at least a couple of thousand different products, and some are one-offs, some I hold thousands of.  I am a one (wo)man band, trying to monitor everything is a headache.  A quick fix is all I require.  Just something to stop people checking out when the stock says insufficient, would surely solve the problem, even if the basket stays full.  I have seen issues with baskets not emptying, but no-one seems to have found it to be affecting the stock control

Server Information

Item Detail
Hosting Package Unlimited-IP
Server Name ns100
cPanel Version 68.0 (build 37)
Apache Version 2.4.33
PHP Version 5.6.35
MySQL Version 5.6.39-cll-lve
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Dedicated IP Address 185.148.144.140
Path to Sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version 5.10.1
Kernel Version 2.6.32-896.16.1.lve1.4.51.el6.x86_64

Hi, Can you confrim your 'stock' settings.  I use the following settings:

Check stock level true  
Subtract stock true  
Allow Checkout false  
Mark product out of stock <i class="glyphicon glyphicon-asterisk"></i>  
Stock Re-order level 5  

With these settings checkout is denied when quantity is less than 1, and all stock levels are reduced when the customers purchase is successful.

Regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@zefeena This may sound a silly question, but if you do a test order using a different payment module, does the stock decrease.

Are you also using the paypal express module from thew paypal app. Not that there is any difference, but the app was updated a long time ago, so it may be worth the look.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

The stock does decrease when the order goes through, and I just installed a small add-on that allows you to see what is in a customer basket when they added it a long time ago and failed to checkout. I then logged on as one of these customers, and a couple of the out of stock items actually showed as £0, and as 0 quantity, so they wouldn't actually be able to buy them.  Its odd how some customers manage it! I think it is the Paypal app, and I haven't updated, but might look at that, as maybe its affecting something.

Apparently it is Paypal Express : PayPal App v5.018 

Archived