• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot make TLS 1.2 work

eaglik

@zefeena I don't think you've said what paypal module/method you're using.

Paypal standard is easier to get going if you're having trouble.

Go through burt's steps above.

Try yourself placing an order and paying so you can find out exactly what problems your users are experiencing. You can't rely on them telling you what went wrong.

Look in the paypal log in admin and report back any errors. They show up red!

Screenshot-2018-4-26 osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool.png

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Ive downloaded the app, and I cannot open the README.md file so I'm already stuck for instructions (I'm using a Mac) 

But presuming I go through each file and overwrite what I already have, as I already had the app installed.  Or do I first have to 'uninstall' my existing app.  I'm a little concerned about the skill level involved here, as when I originally tried to install the first app I never managed to get it to work and got my website completely remade by a third party and I've never got on with my site since!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

This is so odd! I've gone through pages and pages - no RED bits!  The odd customer managed to check out (the top one in the screen shot for example.  But many are reporting that they get returned to the site, and I'm seeing the same names over and over again in the lists with their attempts (and fails) to checkout.  PayPal App v5.018 5ae20e61aa8f4_ScreenShot2018-04-26at18_35_17.png.fb7f67a3fd7413d8d4481c0c831c4f86.png

Edited by zefeena

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I'm absolutely desperate here! I set up Paypal Standard as I thought that might serve better.  customer placed an order, says its all good - but no money came through to my Paypal! So obviously I've deleted that as an option.  I need a reliable payment method, but I'm worried that it won't matter what I set up, its going to be a fail if this is some issue with my website rather than Paypal itself.  Is there an easier alternative to Paypal that I can use for cards, or an automated way for Bank Transfer or even using my mobile phone to get payments.  Any method needs to be automatic.  Getting customers to pay after they have placed an order is always a lot of work, and rarely a success.

Kellie

The log page you posted shows you were using paypal express. You now say you are using paypal standard.

Make use you use one or the other.

I have paypal standard installed, version 5.018, and works well for me. I'm using Oscommerce 2.3.4 BS Gold, an old version of the community edition, but the PayPal App works well in both the Gold and Edge (community) versions. 

I test by placing an order for myself, something of small value so the fee is kept to a minimum. You will need a private paypal account to pay into the business paypal account.

have you setup auto return correctly in your paypal account? It should be set to:

https://your.domain.com/checkout_process.php

regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

The documentation for the paypal app is here:

https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23

Paypal express needs to communicate back and forth to your site, including with shipping methods, so there's more opportunity for errors to come in. The thing is, people are supposed to get returned to your site and see the confirmation page, so you really do need to try placing an order yourself to find out exactly what is going on.

Alternatively, if you want someone to step in and sort it out, you can post a request for paid help here:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/79-commercial-support-inquiries/

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

My belief is really that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my site, the app, or any of the configurations.  I really think it s a PayPal glitch, because sometimes orders go through, sometimes they don't.  I have contacted to World Pay and will be giving that a go.  Paypal customer services are a nightmare, so any other option can only be an improvement.  I have returned to just having the paypal app on there and a couple of orders have come in (plus a lot of customers look like they have been looping too), so I guess I'll just have to hope it isn't long before WorldPay is up and running.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me where the option for 'guest checkout' is changed.  Mine is currently set up to force everyone to register on the site.

Thank you

The error message that is rep'd (and I had my partner try this from another location) is:

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.   and then the 'return to merchant' button.

14 hours ago, zefeena said:

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later

This is one of those unhelpfully generic error messages. However, it's usually a problem with the data that the site is sending to paypal and probably lies in the configuration of paypal on your site or a coding change to the checkout pages.

If you are implementing Worldpay you should be aware that the standard payment module issued with osc doesn't bring customers back to your checkout if they cancel during payment. This version does that and a few extra bits: https://apps.oscommerce.com/brAIY&worldpay-hosted-payments-extended

3 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

If you are implementing Worldpay you should be aware that the standard payment module issued with osc doesn't bring customers back to your checkout if they cancel during payment. This version does that and a few extra bits: https://apps.oscommerce.com/brAIY&worldpay-hosted-payments-extended

Hi, John.  I have applied to Worldpay and added the add on as above.  I simply wet through all the files and overwrote any that were already existing and added any new ones, I presume that is correct.  I'm now seeing this (don't recall there being the yellow box before)  Does this look correct?  I'm trying to get everything in place for when Worldpay set me up.  As for Paypal settings, it may well be that I have something wrong, but some orders go through, some don't, some go through after clearly the customer as made numerous attempts - but of course, many will give up after the first 1 or two tries.  I'm also considering inpay for bank transfers, but when I click through to their website cannot see any way to sign up - is this a method you'd recommend - im trying to cover all my bases here! thank you for your input, its very much appreciated.  Kellie

5ae44b4d68095_ScreenShot2018-04-28at11_16_37.png.9ccb4daa62269c75962c24cdcdc6ef45.png

Yeah, it's telling you it won't work till you put the settings in. You'll get those from the Worldpay merchant account when you have one.

They won't approve your account to go live until you've successfully run a test transaction and also will check your site for some other things you have to do. You can get ahead on this by checking it through now. See http://support.worldpay.com/support/kb/bg/pdf/181450-compliance-f.pdf

• 2 months later...

I have just updated the PayPal app, and when testing got the failed and failed message. I contacted my host who checked and everything should have worked.

I eventually found this post and uploaded the paypal.com.crt file from this tread and everything now seems to be working as it should. All the time though I could get my account balance, so was not too worried, but just wanted everything to work. Its a shame that someone cant update the latest app with this corrected file.

Thanks again for this post as it helped.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

A note to anyone trying to get the removal of a paypal account limitation for non-compliance with TLS1.2 - check that your IPNs are going where you think.

A couple of weeks ago, when it dawned on a client that the emails they've been getting from Paypal were not phishing but something they needed to act on, I fixed their site to force TLS1.2

I set up sandbox accounts, pointed the system at the sandbox and ran through a transaction and ipn proving it's  compliant, pointed it back at live again.

However, they kept getting warnings (which were ignored again) and the account was limited on 1 July.

It transpired that the IPN url in their live paypal account was still pointing at an old domain from years ago (still up and trying to process them!) which doesn't support TLS1.2. They had not noticed their current system was not getting the IPNs.

4 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

It transpired that the IPN url in their live paypal account was still pointing at an old domain from years ago (still up and trying to process them!)

Wow! :wacko:

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, frankl said:

Wow! :wacko:

yeah, that I had to share

21 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

I eventually found this post and uploaded the paypal.com.crt file from this tread and everything now seems to be working as it should.

I just found this thread too. testing for TLS1.2 is now successful.

Thanks

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i need some help.

OSC 2.3.4.1BS
Paypal v5.018
PHP 7.2.8

I have installed the Paypal app, the balance amound is showing.
The SSL test is still Failed for Default Setting and TLS v1.2 
(but i tested my host server and the TLS v1.2  is ok)
Paypal cert is also ok

Possibility to pay with paypal isn't show in chechout_payment.

What could be the problem?
Any idea?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I was having trouble with this mysterious new issue that comes with Oscommerce BootStrap version. My server is Windows 7, Apache 2.4.28. I fixed it by:

1. I installed cURL (ask me for details if you don't know how at www.aaw.link).

2. I fixed the TLS problems when I tested at www.ssllabs.com. It was giving me B rating, but fixed and now got A for my server www.aaw.link.

3. I fixed the file at ext\modules\payment\paypal\paypal.com.crt by adding two blocks below:

DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
=======================================================
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
DigiCert Global Root G2 (SHA-256)
=======================================================
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----

Now when I test my paypal API, it's a success! Thank you all cool people here. Open Source rocks! I hope I can contribute something.

Paypal-API-test.JPG

I too am having trouble with the TLS v1.2 Test... but have been using PayPal Pro Hosted for a couple of years and they haven't at any time contacted me or put any limit on my account, so am wondering if its just the test that doesn't work for me.

PHP: 7.2.6
PayPal App: v4.039
Running on: BS 2.3.4.1
cURL Version: 7.59.0
cURL SSL Version: OpenSSL/1.0.2o 

I have tried the newer version of the paypal.com.crt off of Gary Burtons GitHub, but that hasn't sorted it.

App can retrieve balance, and all the bits in the log are green.  Does anything in the log tell me if its using TLS v1.2?

The weird thing is I did accidentally break the Paypal app somehow a few days ago, and had to get my host to install a back up of the files and DB from 6 days ago to get it all working, but in that time I had tried to install various versions of the PayPal app but couldn't get any of them to work properly and load the iframe, but the TLS v1.2 test was passing using the newer versions of the app!

Anyone got any pointers?  I am reluctant to update the app, as don't want to break it again.

@Enzo79 the version of the app you are currently running is not properly compatible with php7.

Additionally there are various bugfixes between that and the current app version.

So it's definitely worth updating and sorting out any issues that arise. If you're worried about breaking the live system, set up a test copy of your store.

11 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

If you're worried about breaking the live system, set up a test copy of your store.

If set up a test copy of the site, what's the best way to update?

Do I just use the update thing in the app, or is there less risk of it going wrong if I uninstall the payment modules, do the updates and then re-install them?

9 hours ago, Enzo79 said:

If set up a test copy of the site, what's the best way to update?

Do I just use the update thing in the app, or is there less risk of it going wrong if I uninstall the payment modules, do the updates and then re-install them?

I am not aware of any reason to uninstall the payment modules first so I would advise against it so you don't end up with different settings.