• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS broken

Gino D

I have the standard USPS module that comes with the base install. I have applied for and received a user ID and password from USPS. when I test I get the following error.

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service
An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.
Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4
pixel_trans.gif

these are the only settings available in the module to edit:

Tax Class
--none--

Shipping Zone
--none--

Sort Order

I haven't tested it in some time but I don't think the one that comes with the package works. I suggest you install this instead.

Also, the error you mentioned can be because the ship to or from address is not valid. So be sure you have a zip code entered in configuration->Shipping/Packaging and that the address being used are valid.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

12 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I haven't tested it in some time but I don't think the one that comes with the package works. I suggest you install this instead.

Also, the error you mentioned can be because the ship to or from address is not valid. So be sure you have a zip code entered in configuration->Shipping/Packaging and that the address being used are valid.

installed and it seems to be working. under the settings for it there are three letters N S H under extra services, what do they mean?

I don't ship Internationally so I never had reason to look those up. But when you have a question about an addon, you should always ask it in the support thread for that addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't ship Internationally so I never had reason to look those up. But when you have a question about an addon, you should always ask it in the support thread for that addon.

they appear in both national and international settings. I just posted the question there as well. I thought maybe you had some information since you had recommended it.

Archived