• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

store header image too big

Gino D

Best would be to resize the image in photoshop or similar before you upload it.

that I can do. what is the best size to fit that area? I was hoping the software would resize or adjust the location of the blue bar with top/catalog. is there a way to push that bar down?

The image size for the logo is taken from the real image size, there is no image size defined in the header where the logo is included:

includes/header.php:

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

For more specific help please provide this information:

1. Which version of osCommerce you are using? (you can find this at Admin > Tools > Version Checker).
    - Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4

2. Also indicate whether you are using standard osCommerce or the Responsive (a.k.a. "Community Edition", "Community Supported") version.
    -it is not mobile friendly

3. Is this a new install or an existing store?
    -new install

4. What version of PHP are you using?  (you can determine this by looking at Admin > Tools > Server Info)
    - PHP Version 5.3.29

5. Now you are ready to provide a detailed description of the problem you are having, including if applicable, the steps needed to reproduce it.  
    - where in the settings do I go to resize the header image?

http://www.rh2radio.com/index.php

36 minutes ago, raiwa said:

The image size for the logo is taken from the real image size, there is no image size defined in the header where the logo is included:

includes/header.php:

<div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div>

Then you can add image size to the tep_image function in the above line if you prefer to let the browser resize. Although it would be better to upload an image in the correct size because of loading time.

To make the  header  bigger to fit a bigger sized logo you can change the css for :

<div id="header"

But if your store is a new installation, consider stop working now and begin again from scratch with the reponsive community version which is the de facto actual OsCommerce version and the only recxommended to use for a new store:

You should use the edge download link

it's a new install meaning it wasnt cobbled together with updates and such. it was the only version available through my host. it's been configured and some products added and honestly, I'd scrap the whole thing before starting over. it is, what it is at this point. 

32 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Then you can add image size to the tep_image function in the above line if you prefer to let the browser resize. Although it would be better to upload an image in the correct size because of loading time.

To make the  header  bigger to fit a bigger sized logo you can change the css for :

<div id="header"

how do I do that?

You should consider it. It's not so a big thing. There are database migrating tools available.

Otherwise you can always post a commercial support enquiry to get it done for you.

If you are not familiar with basic css and html formatting, you probably will not get around with oscommerce.

3 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

it's a new install meaning it wasnt cobbled together with updates and such. it was the only version available through my host. it's been configured and some products added and honestly, I'd scrap the whole thing before starting over. it is, what it is at this point. 

how do I do that?

stylesheet.css:

#header {
  height: 60px;
}

Archived