• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tabbed Product Admin

kymation

This Addon replaces the New Product page in your store's admin with a tabbed interface that is better organized and easier to use. The rest of the Categories/Products admin is the same; only the Product page has been changed.

I backported this from the osCommerce 2.3.5 Beta, then added the additional fields that the 2.3.4.1 Bootstrap version uses. I did this because the old Products page has always felt poorly organized and confusing to me. If you feel the same way, give this one a try.

Code is here.

Screenshot:

product_admin_page.png

Edited by kymation
Added link to the Addon.

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Great idea.
I have tried to install the addon, but I can not get the tabs (frames, borders). Now I have the categories.php as a single page (as before) , but order changed as you coded. Can you tell me what file is responsible for the tabs? Thanks in advance. Greetings, Martin

Oscommerce Edge. I have downloaded it after november 2016 and added a few addons. The categories.php is hardcoded ($_POST and $_GET) . Usually I look for general updates at tehe site of Gburton. at github.com. My shop is www.art-ty.nl.

Hi Jim. I fixed it (I think). The (admin) template_top.php referred to jquery-2.2.3. I changed it to jquery-3.1.1 and everything worked perfectly. Perhaps because i have added ckeditor??  Thanks, beautifull adonn.

@dreumel  Yes, jQuery 3 is required, so that would do it. I may need to add a warning about CKEditor. Thanks for letting me know.

@burt  The hooks were in the 2.3.5 version that I backported. I assumed that Harald put them there so I left them in. Is this going to cause problems?

Regards

Jim

18 hours ago, kymation said:

The hooks were in the 2.3.5 version that I backported. I assumed that Harald put them there so I left them in. Is this going to cause problems?

It wont hurt anything.  My eyes lit up at the prospect of another dev getting heavily into Hooks, that's all.

I didn't even know there is a 2.3.5 !  When was that released?

I have big plans for using both Hooks and Actions. They're going to make things a lot easier. I just need to find the time to code some up.

2.3.5 was released in Beta near the end of November last year. I was testing it, along with several other people, so I have a copy of the code. It only needed a few minor bugfixes and it could have been a solid release. Unfortunately that never happened.

Regards

Jim

Hi, Thank you for this excellent add-on. I believe I've installed it correctly(?),  it seems to work as expected. Assuming that to be the case, there appears to be one very minor trivial  PHP error - 

Undefined index: admin
      includes/classes/hooks.php
      line 56

Many Thanks

Whichever Addon you were referring to, the bug is in the core osCommerce code. I believe the latest Edge version has a fix for this. The file you need is includes/classes/hooks.php.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

This is a nice addon, thank you for sharing.
The SEO section isn't divided into the languages, all fields for both Dutch and English (in my situation) are on the same page.

Fix:
Find:
<?php
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
      echo '<li><a href="' . substr(tep_href_link('categories.php', tep_get_all_get_params()), strlen($base_url)) . '#section_general_content_' . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '">' . $languages[$i]['name'] . '</a></li>';
    }
?>

and replace the word section_general_content for section_seo_content.
So it will read like this:
echo '<li><a href="' . substr(tep_href_link('categories.php', tep_get_all_get_params()), strlen($base_url)) . '#section_seo_content_' . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '">' . $languages[$i]['name'] . '</a></li>';