Latest News: (loading..)

Posted (edited)

This Addon adds a horizontal menu bar in the header of every store page. This menu bar contains the names of each of your top-level categories. When a customer clicks on a category name, a Megamenu expands below the menu bar. This Megamenu contains a category image and name for each of the top-level category's subcategories, or the top-level category image and name and a list of links to the products in that category if there are no subcategories.

The Addon code is available here.

category_with_subcategories.jpg

category_without_subcategories.jpg

admin_panel.jpg

Edited by kymation
Added link to Addon.

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

5 hours ago, KADILO said:

error.jpg

the sort order is missing from your configuration, probably you need to add the field into your product listing first for it to be available as sort option under mega menu.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Posted (edited)

It's better to use the sort order, but this Addon is supposed to tolerate it being missing. Apparently I fumbled the code for that.

Try changing the code in includes/classes/category_tree_megamenu, line 279, from this:

$result = '';

to this:

$result = 'pd.products_name';

I'll update the Addon in a bit.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation
Found the error.

I've updated the Addon to include this fix. Thanks to @KADILO for reporting the bug.

Regards

Jim

You have an error somewhere. Check your error log and post the error message so I can find the problem.

Regards

Jim

l56

include_once 'includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__);

hth

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

LOST: One mind. Lightly used; sentimental value only. Reward for any information leading to its recovery.

Thanks @burt for pointing that out. I've uploaded a fixed copy to the usual place.

Regards

Jim

There is no practical way to create a Megamenu on a screen that size. Users with small devices should use the standard Hamburger menu as it will work on small screens.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, many thanks for this! 

I'm still testing and understanding it. On a BS EDGE (August 2017) it throw an error regarding FILENAME_DEFAULT. As you know, all those DEFINE_ETC has disappeared in the latest versions. The fix is simple, change it for 'index.php' in every instance. For the convenience of users, here you are that file modified. It seems to work for me.

category_tree_megamenu.php

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

Posted (edited)

Maybe, if I can understand what that means. Do you want to limit the number of subcategories that are shown?

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation
Spelling

@TITO4  Sorry, I thought I had replied to you. Thanks very much for reporting the bug, and for giving me the fix. I've been very busy, but I'll add your code to my master and release it as soon as I get a chance.

Again, my apologies for ignoring you.

Jim

Don't worry at all. In fact, I'm flattered for your consideration. I understand that we are all in similar circumstances.

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

On 4/17/2018 at 8:57 PM, kymation said:

Maybe, if I can understand what that means. Do you want to limit the number of subcategories that are shown?

Regards

Jim

No, I want limit the row of the subcategories in madule option just like "products oer column"

Untitled-1.jpg

You can't limit the number of rows because the code doesn't know how many rows there are going to be. It should be possible to limit the number of subcategories, and that would have the same effect. That would require changes to the code, which I don't have time to do right now, so for now the answer is no.

Regards

Jim

Thank you :biggrin:

Also is there a possibility to give a auto mobile style menu in place of megamenu when the viewport is scrolled down?

6 minutes ago, kymation said:

Older Addons like this one will need the Compatibility Addon to work with newer versions of Edge.

Regards

Jim

It may be possible to do that, but I don't know how.

Regards

Jim

Hi, thanks for the addon, I'm currently testing it and wanted to know, if there are no child in the category shouldn't it move you to that category instead of showing you the category below?

thanks!