• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authentication Issues

surrfman

Below is current issue I'm having with a fresh install of 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge.

As I have a couple domains parked on this server, being locked-out, communications are lost with all customers, one address is with DOD, so this lock-out stuff has caused real issues. Have yet to take that domain off this server as issue has just appeared.

Current Host sees it as something on my side, contends server is just doing what it is supposed to do, Have never experienced problem, throwing out to see what you guys might be able to give insight into.

First, was just log-in issue with only IE11, now it happens with Firefox as well. all browser caches have been dumped!

Here is minutes of current lock-out:

%^$#@... Email wasn't working at 7:06 am this morning, indicating still locked out.

At 7:20 am, executed a send/receive, was able to receive messages.

Not sure if you had unlocked, or as had experienced in past, magically, server had let lock-out expire?

Tried to log-in to 234 shop using Firefox browser, at 7:40 am.

First attempt, log-in box had user ID of #$%^%$ already inserted, added pwrd of YF^**(##W, I actually had my eyes trained on keyboard keys to ensure pwrd was entered correctly.

Log-in box re-appears, I waited til clock shows 7:42 am, attempted second log-in.

This attempt, log-in box pops back up, ID still displayed, entered pwrd, YF^**(##W.

With this 2nd attempt, a partial image of shop appears, a black area from middle of screen to top along with the Search box and it's red border.

Attempt to insert pwrd again, browser is locked, stalled, progess at URL shows the rotating icon, indicating that I am locked out.

Had to open Task Manager to kill browser.

Verified new server lock-out with execution of a mail send/receive.. yep locked out again!!!

Something is horribly wrong, I can't enter even correct credentials, using any browser, with out being locked out?

Can this be something on my side?

Anyone have a clue as to where to look,

First, I'll assume that you actually have a "reasonable" ID and password, and not obscenities that your host might be looking for and locking out...

Any way of knowing if someone else sharing your IP address might be trying a brute force attack, and getting locked out as a result? I'm not sure what osC itself does for counting attempts and locking you out, but some hosts may do this. Do account access logs show anything?

Have you yourself been making many connection attempts over a short time, for some reason? If this is being done by the server, your mail send/receive checks might count.

Does your host implement server side caching? If so, that may need to be cleared.

Archived