The e-commerce.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update your store to 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen (responsive and mobile friendly):

Download: https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/releases

More information:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! It seems that $messageStack is missing in global section of function execute() in cm_csh_shipping_methods.php

I get an error at line 155 in the following case:

New order where the delivery address is not covered by any shipping module.

Therefore the following line throws an error because  $messageStack is null

$messageStack->add_session('checkout_address', ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_AVAILABLE_TO_SHIPPING_ADDRESS);

Hola Alex @JAValeryon,

Yes you are right. Thank you for the report.

New version 1.0.5. with the fix included has been uploaded.

kind regards

Rainer

• 3 months later...

@raiwa

I've installed this modular checkout system and seem to have a problem with cutomers checking out with a new account.

As they only have one address, the primary one, when creating an account, at checkout (checkout_shipping.php) the shipping address is not shown. If you continue to the checkout confirmation, the shipping address is still not shown.  The billing address is.

So selecting edit shipping adresss, goes to shipping_adressss, and clicking next, the shipping address will appear on the shipping confirmation page.

This only happens when creating a new account, and obviously there is only one address available.

I'm looking through the code, and comparing with the non-modular version but can't see the problem.

Can you advise please

Regards

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

Hello Mike,

Which exact CE version are you using and under which PHP version are you running?

@raiwa CE frozen, php7.0.31.

I have two CE test sites, and I've just noticed that one is working ok with the modular checkout, the other is not. 

I've compared the files, and no difference except for language files etc. 

So I'm checking the DB for differences now.  I'll let you know.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@raiwa

Found the issue.  🙂 The difference between my 2 CE shops was one of the shops had the shipping estimator was switched off.  (modular shipping cart)

This caused the shipping address to not show when checking out, as described in my previous post.  It also caused some of my shipping modules not to show. (when switched on)

The reason I switched off the shipping estimator was because I wanted free shipping as the only shipping option, and the estimator wasn't required.

For the moment, I'll adjust the text shown by the shipping estimator.  Obviously, the bug lies between the shipping estimator and the checkout shipping modules.

Mike 

Hello Mike @Mikepo,

Please try to complete uninstall the shipping estimator instead to switch it off.

It seems to be a variable missing in the global list of the cm_csh_shipping_methods.php module in checkout shipping or a session variable fails to be registered.

You could have a look into the error log or switch error reporting to "all" to see if there appears any undefined variable error.

Which exact free shipping option are you using? The ot_shipping.php free shipping option or a free shipping module?

I'll try to reproduce the error when I find some time.

Best regards

Rainer

@raiwa Hello Rainer,

the free shipping module I'm using is the ot_shipping.php free shipping option.

I noticed that:

global $language

was missing in cm_csh_shipping_methods.php

Other than that, no other errors are reported.

Regards

Mike

Hello Mike @Mikepo,

I found the time to do some deeper testing.

I tried to reproduce your settings as far as possible:

- PHP 7.0

- OsC 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen, new fresh installation

- Modular checkout standard installation with the included db_install.php

- Flat rate shipping module installed

I did the following steps:

1. add product to cart

2. click checkout button in shopping cart

3. create account

4. click continue on create account success

5. arrived to checkout_shipping.php

Result: shipping address shows correct

I did several variations:

1. standard shopping cart without free shipping activated

2. standard shopping cart with free shipping in ot over 1 $ for both, national and international

3. modular shopping cart, free shipping, without shipping estimator

4. modular shopping cart, free shipping and shipping estimator

Always the same result: shipping address shows correct

NOTE: I deleted customer account and session between each test

I just would like you to do the following test to be 100% sure that it is related to modular checkout:

Replace checkout_shipping.php with the core file, uninstall the checkout_shipping modules and do again the test.

Let me know and if this works correct lets PM contact info to see if I can do tests on your store.

Best regards

Rainer

PS:I could reproduce the missing global $language and fixed it for my testing. Thanks for the report.

Archived