• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

@raiwa Rainer I think I can make some time to throw some fancy modules at this today; postcode-based shipping, pay by finance application and so on...

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

Rainer are these things you need answers to or looking for feedback on?

Dan

Point 1+2 are applied and I would like your opinion if you think it's well done. Also if averything works correct.

Point 3 is not applied, I would like to know if you think it should be done.

On 21-4-2018 at 2:42 PM, raiwa said:

3.  Checkout payment:

• Leave payment modules javascript validation in main file or move to tpl_cm_cp_payment_methods.php

I think it makes more sense to keep it in main file because it's applicable to all payment modules.

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

Point 1+2 are applied and I would like your opinion if you think it's well done. Also if averything works correct.

Point 3 is not applied, I would like to know if you think it should be done.

Sorry, made a mistake 1+3 is applied.

2 is not applied.

1 hour ago, azpro said:

I think it makes more sense to keep it in main file because it's applicable to all payment modules.

OK, but it is only used in payment modules ergo payment method module

If it's in a module, it can be altered without changing core code. If that's a sane change, ... I've got enough else to think about today!

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

OK, but it is only used in payment modules ergo payment method module

Sorry, I reacted to quickly. You are right to put it in  tpl_cm_cp_payment_methods.php  I guess. Makes sense to me.

Good results with postcode-based shipping.

We could really do with trying it on a module with multiple methods ... can one of our American brethren with a USPS account give it a go?

Works fine with Quickpay too - that's a module with various extra bits & pieces (like integrated MATC).

Now I'll see if I've still got access to a test system for finance applications...

:thumbsup:

Screenshot-2018-4-23 BS Final.png

@burt,

would this be now ready to be pushed to "Modularity3" or another branch'

Same for "Please select" drop down default states menu.

It is tested under all scenarios ? You are happy to support any and all questions that arise, and any problems that arise from payment modules?

Would it be better as an addon?  I only ask this as after the next few days are up...there will be no more changes on the Github and if this is added - and it is broken...it'll stay broken.  As an addon, you at least have the ability to perform updates.  Thoughts?

It's tested as stated by me and John. I would add it to EDGE.

All scenarios is impossible, if there really appear important bugs, I guess there are still hotfixes possible.

Any software can be100% tested before release. You know this. It is tested as far as possible ( and as far as volunteers appeared), and nothing appeared broken until now.

Then it would be at least good to add content calls like in shopping cart.

And the state selector default? Where to push?

29 minutes ago, burt said:

Forget the State Selector.  Nothing more is being added to Community Version.

I refer to this, add the default select text, not the complete state selector :

The same like already done in the country menu

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

Any software can be100% tested before release. You know this. It is tested as far as possible ( and as far as volunteers appeared), and nothing appeared broken until now.

Off course you are right about testing. Because of @burt remarks and I think you probably feel a bit disappointed right now because of lack of support (probably the same @burt kinda has felt all the way down the Community Edition ..) I was thinking a bit more .... I think @burt  is right in his remarks about broken payment modules etcetera.

I think all (modern? decent?) payment modules should be put on a list for unit testing. But I was also thinking about add-ons like "Buy This - Get this free" and alike ... It is probabaly more complicated than anticipated!

The only reason I would prefer it as an addon is that it is such a major change to the most important part of an ecomm site,...so I would like it to be more tested first before going into Edge.  I hope that makes some sort of sense and is not too disappointing.

@burt Gary....while I'm disappointed as I'm sure Rainer is too,  I do agree that it would be better if it was more fully tested, given the changes involved.   It certainly was more complicated then anticipated so I think your approach is best....I would certainly prefer that over rushing things to get it into the core only to find out that there are issues with it later on. 

Dan

on the plus side, if it's an addon you can make your own design decisions and :tongue: to Gary

:biggrin:

More seriously, @burt there has been a lot of code change put into master lately and there are bound to be bugs. It would be nice if you can see a way for fixes to get into the download without involving yourself in any hassle. There are at least a few willing volunteers...

4 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

More seriously, @burt there has been a lot of code change put into master lately and there are bound to be bugs. It would be nice if you can see a way for fixes to get into the download without involving yourself in any hassle. There are at least a few willing volunteers...

I plan on fixing a Final, then doing 1 round of bugfixes.  Anything not noticed or not fixed...stays broken.

It's time for a change.

Archived