• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hello,

@Dan Cole, @kymation, @Tsimi, @altoid, @piernas, @burt

Would you (and everybody else also very welcome) be interested in forming a team to develop the modularized versions of the checkout pages?

It would allow to add for example discount code, matc, points and rewards or just a simple module with additional info text without any core change, hook or ht injections.

Exposé:

-         -  Leave the checks and security part between includes application_top.php and includes template_top.php in the main page files.

-          - Leave the forms in main page file

-          - Move only the content part between includes template_top.php and includes template_bottom.php into content modules

-          - Suggested modules:

o   Checkout shipping and payment:

-  page header

-  address (2 modules)

-  shipping/payment methods

-  comments

-  continue button

-  progress line

o   Checkout confirmation:

-  page header

-  products+ot

-  delivery address

-  payment address

-  shipping method

-  payment method

-  payment information

-  comments

confirm order button

-  progress line

o   Checkout shipping/payment address (optional)

-  page header

-  address (2 modules)

-  new shipping/billing address

-  continue button

-  progress line

It could be projected as an add-on like the modular shopping cart or, if @burt is interested, pull request for core.

I would create a github fork with maybe the easiest module “comments” as a starting point.

Best regards

Rainer

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repository added in GitHub:

https://github.com/raiwa/Responsive-osCommerce/tree/Modular-Checkout

first 2 modules added:

Checkout shipping and payment:

• comments

Please self assign tasks/modules

I'll continue with buttons+progress bar

39 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Please use this separate repository.

https://github.com/raiwa/Modular-Checkout

Humm....I see you're going to give me a little practice cloning repos....I forgot how intuitive Github was to use. :wacko:

Off to see if I can remember what I did this morning.

Dan 

Sorry, it's just easier to maintain and I could add a own readme file. First I wanted to keep both but it's just too confusing to keep both up to date :rolleyes:

Once all is finished I'll back a complete branch from burts master.

That wasn't so bad and looks a lot cleaner to work with.  I have a development site online but it is running on GOLD and a PHP level of maybe 5.6 or so.  Do you see any problem with my working with that or should I step it up to EDGE?  I assume it won't make a difference but I thought I'd ask before I get to far along.

Dan

I grabbed an easy assignment to get up to speed again....I updated the readme and pushed it back.   I received some error messages so maybe you can check and let me know if you received it okay.   If that worked okay I should be good to actually look at the modules.

Dan

And here is the error message I was seeing....

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags origin master:master
remote: Permission to raiwa/Modular-Checkout.git denied to MOPS-DanCole.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/raiwa/Modular-Checkout.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

I have no more idea than to suppose that editing the readme file is restricted to the owner. Maybe there is a way to give permissions, but I ignore how to do this.

Just post your self asignments here or send a comment and I'll update the readme.

You might as well give me the continue button on the checkout shipping page as well....I see you did the comments and of course the button is between that and the stepwizard so I might as well get that out of the way as well....I see you did a button set already so that should be pretty simple...even for me. :laugh:

Dan

24 minutes ago, raiwa said:

the button is already done

Never mind I see that I was looking at the wrong repo and probably why I was getting that error.

Dan

Rainer I have the first stepwizard module done but can't seem to push it to your repo via SourceTree.   Still getting that error message which is as follows.  I tried pushing to my own repo just to see if there was anything wrong with my connection and it works fine....it's just an issue pushing to yours.   Are you doing anything with permissions?

remote: Permission to raiwa/Modular-Checkout.git denied to MOPS-DanCole.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/raiwa/Modular-Checkout.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

Any clue?

Dan

Rainer I've been trying to figure out why I can't push to your repo and found a few posts suggesting that it might be a permissions issue on your end....can you check under settings and see if your repo is restricted to collaborators only and if so whether I've been added?

Rainer_Repo.JPG.4fa075cce0efdb3185da96fab8fcf461.JPG

Done, I added you and also removed the restriction to collaborators. Didn't remember that setting, sorry.

Strange, I had never to touch these settings in previous projects like the points and rewards add-on and other collaborators could push without beeing added. No idea if they changed something in GitHub. Nevermind.

Rainer I saw this post  in @burt "Path to Final' thread.  I like the idea and think that we should incorporate it into our Modular Checkout development.

I also took on board some comment from a long time ago (I think of yours if I recall correctly [may very well be wrong]) about names of files (template files now named the same as their parent file) and also each template file now has a css selector as well for easy targets.  

Dan

I already used unique css selectors in my template files:

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-cp-comments">

See also this post:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/412708-path-to-final/?do=findComment&comment=1768279

then if the template filename issue is (will be) core, we should follow it.

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

I already used unique css selectors in my template files:

I was just copying what existed but I'll add the css selectors too. :wink:

The file name issue could be improved so I'll watch that exchange closely.

Dan 

3 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

The file name issue could be improved so I'll watch that exchange closely.

I agree, let's wait for the decision and follow the example.

Archived