• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 - Table 'merchand_shop.configuration' doesn't exist select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration [TEP STOP]

newbie1000

Hey total newbie and migrating a client site to different server and pulled all files and database and after a few hiccups in missing files I get to this point 

1146 - Table 'merchand_shop.configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

There is no - Table 'merchand_shop.configuration'  in the existing site, database, 

any ideas? 

Hi have just checked 

existing server ea-php56 , new server 5.6.34

and 

// Define the project version --- obsolete, now retrieved with tep_get_version()
  define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3');

I have created the new database on the new server and imported all the data into that database, and transferred the files over as required.  DO I need to have run an installation wizard first then drop the tables in?

thanks

Your configuration files need to be updated to the new server settings: absolute paths, database server, database name, database user and passw.

if you are not sure how to do this, yes, you could do a new installation of a downloaded complete oscommerce package. Try to use the same version of your real store. Use the  installation script and install into a subdirectory and linked to a separate database. Then open and compare both configuration files to see which definitions to update and how to update them.

the files are:

includes/configure.php

admin(or whatever your admin directory is called)/includes/configure.php

I think "configuration" is one of the first tables hit when running. The first thing to check is whether you did something silly at some point, and misspelled "merchant_shop" (the DB table prefix) as "merchand_shop" (or vice-versa) in either setting up the database, or in osC's configuration. They can be spelled either way, but need to be consistent!

While you're going through the effort of migration, consider upgrading to the latest and greatest: osC 2.3.4.1BS "Edge". Note that this is not the official release, but has to be obtained from GitHub (see my signature below).

Archived