Latest News: (loading..)

I will try my best to find time to test over the weekend...

Thanks @piernas

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Coding, Testing, Beer.

:)

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

We're in,  if you keep it in that order.  :biggrin:

Seriously though...is there anything specific that we can do to help out?

Dan

16 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

Seriously though...is there anything specific that we can do to help out?

The conditions/privacy/shipping pages are broadly similar.  How about coming up with a system to have "info" pages all working off of 1 page, along with a little admin section for them so that shopowners can easily add new ones as they want.  Maybe using the tp_ system as a starter ?

Just now, burt said:

The conditions/privacy/shipping pages are broadly similar.  How about coming up with a system to have "info" pages all working off of 1 page, along with a little admin section for them so that shopowners can easily add new ones as they want.  Maybe using the tp_ system as a starter ?

Test out your new checkout things to absolute destruction.  Test piernas's better modules page?

I think I asked this before, but have to try again:

Is there a chance to add two new methods to every module as a standard?

function toggle() {
       $this->enabled = !$this->enabled;
        tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . ($this->enabled ? "True": "False") . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_key = '" .  $this->cfg_key . "STATUS" . "'");
    }

function set_sort_order($sort_order) {
      $this->sort_order = $sort_order;
      tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $this->sort_order . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_key = '" .  $this->cfg_key . "SORT_ORDER" . "'");
    }

This would allow the admin files to easily enable/disable and sort the modules without accessing each one configuration (just one click). There are other methods to do it but looks 'cheats' to me.

I can do it myself if you agree.

Posted (edited)

@piernas there is no need to add such methods to the modules.
As this is only for the admin page, you should be able to manipulate the modules_content.php.
i suggest you take a look at the sections in modules_content.php where there is made a call to the module $keys.
Also look in the top of the modules_content where there is made a check for :

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_CONTENT_INSTALLED' limit 1");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query) < 1) {
    tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Installed Modules', 'MODULE_CONTENT_INSTALLED', '', 'This is automatically updated. No need to edit.', '6', '0', now())");
    define('MODULE_CONTENT_INSTALLED', '');
  }

For the rest.... use your imagination for what can be done with that information. Goodluck!!!

Forget everything  Sayed.........

Learn javascript/jQuery................
https://jqueryui.com/sortable/

Edited by wHiTeHaT

@wHiTeHaT I think you misunderstood the utility of the code. It's not for displaying but for changing a constant in the database likeother standard methods as install() check() remove() or keys() . All of them are shorthands for getting/setting database options without writting queries. No need for jquery/other 3rd party addons.

7 hours ago, burt said:

This kind of overlaps with an addon ... I've held off uploading the free version to the apps area while I finish the automated upgrade to pro

page-list-view.jpg

editor-view.jpg

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

17 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

This kind of overlaps with an addon ... 

Does this addon use the tp_ system ?

20 hours ago, burt said:

Does this addon use the tp_ system ?

No, I was just picking up on the admin and creating new pages aspect. Really it's targetted at quickly creating new landing pages and so on with their own content module directory for sliders etc and editing the content of the standard pages easily, and scopes out accessing them.

With a bit of thinking before writing, I guess you're envisaging a store info page that's basically a getContent call, like the main account options page, with the standard pages of conditions, privacy and so on as a templated list. That set would need to be put together first before working out how to administer them.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

4 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

No, I was just picking up on the admin and creating new pages aspect. Really it's targetted at quickly creating new landing pages and so on with their own content module directory for sliders etc and editing the content of the standard pages easily, and scopes out accessing them.

With a bit of thinking before writing, I guess you're envisaging a store info page that's basically a getContent call, like the main account options page, with the standard pages of conditions, privacy and so on as a templated list. That set would need to be put together first before working out how to administer them.

I'm thinking something like;

information.php (which is a tp_ page).  

Then some system of adding in "page details" so that;

• information.php?shipping
  • information.php?conditions
  • information.php?sizing
  • information.php?faq

and so on.  Then totally remove conditions.php, shipping.php etc

It's probably just about bottom of the list of to-do's, but if anyone wants to take it on....

Posted (edited)

I would go all the way, skip the index.php and go straight to route "/specials/", "/contact-us/", & etc. I grew up with MS Basic and spaghetti codes, but once u go MVC u'll never go back. It is just so much easier to find things, especially when u are dealing with a huge software package. Yeah, may be even borrow from the Lavarel/Code Igniter/Symphony framework.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:10 PM, wHiTeHaT said:

Keep in mind, pull-request #3 is putted on stage.

But i and many other will going ot be very happy...

It paves the way to url's like:
-index.php?Specials
-index.php?ContactUs
-index.php?ProductsNew

Edited by clustersolutions

Greetings,

Since the "bug week" has ended.... is there an Estimated time for the final release? (no pressure... just a simple info question)

Best regards

@Owl Sauron

There will be no 'release'.

The project on Github will be frozen with no more changes to be made. It will be available for download the same as it is now.

Let's make things easier for new osCommerce users http://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/402638-discussion-about-hard-coded-database-tables/?p=1718900  Getting there with osCommerce 2.4! :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, frankl said:

@Owl Sauron

The project on Github will be frozen with no more changes to be made. It will be available for download the same as it is now.

Frank is that official now? So no version update from 2.3.4.1, 

I see this change from the github " Remove Paypal Express from the Installer " I assume this is this now installed seperatly if required?

45 minutes ago, justcatering said:

I see this change from the github " Remove Paypal Express from the Installer " I assume this is this now installed seperatly if required?

There was a bug in the installer with an uninstalled PP Express listed as installed - which lead to errors. It has been removed from the list of installed modules.

To use it you still need to "start" the PP app

11 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

There was a bug in the installer with an uninstalled PP Express listed as installed - which lead to errors. It has been removed from the list of installed modules.

To use it you still need to "start" the PP app

Thanks for the clarification John :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, frankl said:

@Owl Sauron

Thanks for the heads up... So... is there an estimated time to get "frozen" and downloadable?

Best regards

If you downloaded the version that is there now, and then kept an eye on any updates on Github, you will be fine. It will take you ages to get the site up and running anyway so you will have time to update if there are any. If you dont alter the core code you could just overwrite all the core files with any updated ones and you should be ok.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Find information about the bootstrap community version here

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

1 hour ago, Owl Sauron said:

Thanks for the heads up... So... is there an estimated time to get "frozen" and downloadable?

Best regards

Edited by burt