Latest News: (loading..)

Just now, raiwa said:

It is (was) done like this in product info since years

Yep.  In the *hope* that some coders would help to create modules to replace the page.

Who ended up doing that?

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

1 minute ago, raiwa said:

Full modular shopping cart exists since years, see also

Did not like some of the implementation.  Recoded portions of it, just to be abused by PM and Email.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Just now, burt said:

Yep.  In the *hope* that some coders would help to create modules to replace the page.

Who ended up doing that?

I pushed a full modularized product info years ago, was rejected:

On 14/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, BrockleyJohn said:

I have a couple of clients live on variants of raiwa's modular product_info which you thought was too granular. Would you like that rolling up into something more suitable - or are you just thinking along the lines of an extra hook or two?

Rejected due to abuse by PM and Email, after recoding it.

Posted (edited)

The last 2 messages are inverted in order, I'm not a clairvoyant. Had the window with the message already open and saw your next message in another tab :rolleyes:

Meanwhile @Dan Cole and me are working on the Modular Checkout. Seems we are late, but who knows :smile:

Edited by raiwa

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

working on the Modular Checkout. Seems we are late, but who knows :smile:

Great.  If all I have to do is push a button to incorporate...I'm all for it.

I also took on board some comment from a long time ago (I think of yours if I recall correctly [may very well be wrong]) about names of files (template files now named the same as their parent file) and also each template file now has a css selector as well for easy targets.

Posted (edited)

@burt

Remember when we put the switch actions from the application_top.php into separate folders/files to be more modular. Would that be interesting for this final release?

Edited by Tsimi

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, burt said:

Great.  If all I have to do is push a button to incorporate...I'm all for it.

I also took on board some comment from a long time ago (I think of yours if I recall correctly [may very well be wrong]) about names of files (template files now named the same as their parent file) and also each template file now has a css selector as well for easy targets.

I remember the discussion about template filenames and wasn't happy with it. Same filenames only separated by one directory level seems to be a source of possible mistakes replacing the wrong file. But, not a really big issue issue neither.

For this @kymation uses this code in his modules:

include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/' . basename(__FILE__));

For the css selector, yes, I used to do this already in my modules and arrived to the same naming without having seen yours before :smile::

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-cp-comments">

Edited by raiwa

Just now, wHiTeHaT said:

preferable would be:

include('includes/templates/' . $this->group . '/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));

I guess it should be:

include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . 'templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));

3 hours ago, Tsimi said:

@burt

Remember when we put the switch actions from the application_top.php into separate folders/files to be more modular. Would that be interesting for this final release?

Yes, that would be cool as that area of app_top is a bottleneck in the code...

If I recall correctly, we got something working...but it was a bit messy and coded up in like 20 minutes?

I'm sure I have an old branch somewhere with a better system, I'll find it.

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

I remember the discussion about template filenames and wasn't happy with it. Same filenames only separated by one directory level seems to be a source of possible mistakes replacing the wrong file. But, not a really big issue issue neither.

For this @kymation uses this code in his modules:

include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . '/templates/' . basename(__FILE__));

For the css selector, yes, I used to do this already in my modules and arrived to the same naming without having seen yours before :smile::

<div class="col-sm-<?php echo $content_width; ?> cm-cp-comments">

Can use basename(__FILE__), nice.
Or can do as I have done and hardcoded it.

Better to go with basename I think => makes copying a module easier (one less thing to changed in the copied file).

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

wasn't happy with it. Same filenames only separated by one directory level seems to be a source of possible mistakes replacing the wrong file.

might be better this:

include('includes/modules/content/' . $this->group . 'templates/tpl_' . basename(__FILE__));

The addition of tpl_

Could make sense to stop numbnut uploading.  Let me have a think on that for the evening.

I don't see any downside to adding tpl_ to the call and renaming the file appropriately.
Go for it on your mod-checkout stuff and I will do it in the core this evening.

Nice idea, thanks.

Yeah I dont want to do that, that can be done in his fork if he wants to.

Community Version => just the tpl_ addition.

6 hours ago, Tsimi said:

@burt

I can email you please..some code changes to test ??
I found a really old set of actions and have modded one of them to work in Edge/Final...but want to have your eyes on it too first.

3 hours ago, burt said:

I can email you please..some code changes to test ??
I found a really old set of actions and have modded one of them to work in Edge/Final...but want to have your eyes on it too first.

Yes please. I'd love to have a look at it.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/e2b6c6b139760500cd5cf93d3eb488c70180b119

this one introduces the concept of naming the template files to help stop accidental over-writing when uploading.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commit/d1be898b4bccddb886a8ad59b4a451cd7f606aaa

this one introduces the concept of actions which are just drop in files to "do stuff".  This is based on old code I was playing with a couple of years ago, and I do not know where this concept originates (I think possibly oscv3), so it might not have the correct (c) details...  If anyone wants to raise a hand to claim copyright, please do so.

I think it would be a good idea to standarize content module constants and class names, too

class name: cm_{group}_{name}

class constants: MODULE_CONTENT_{GROUP}_{NAME}_{VALUE_NAME} (or even better CM_{GROUP}_{NAME}_{VALUE_NAME})

Most of the current ones does, but some of them not.

For example:

MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_ * should be MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_INFORMATION_LINKS_*; MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_EXTRA_COPYRIGHT_ * should be MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_SUFFIX_COPYRIGHT_*

and so on

Posted (edited)

@burt

just downloaded the latest version off github, and have noticed, that when you get to the product listing page, the left hand menu completely disappears from view, (can see it in the source code)

if i turn off the Product Listing module it appears again.   

seems to be because of a  missing div tag somewhere. as for a quick test i added one at the bottom and it came back up.

Edited by puddlec
added some extra infomation

thanks @puddlec I will look into this later on