Latest News: (loading..)

Posted (edited)

Here's what I want to get done to set the Community Version to a "Final" release;

1a.  Modularisation of index
COMPLETE

1.  Title 
  2. Standardise Module Name and Template Name (each)

1b.  Modularisation of index_nested
COMPLETE

1. Title 
  2. Standardise Module Name and Template Name (each)

1c. Modularisation of index_products
COMPLETE 

2.  Modularisation of product_info
COMPLETE

1. Strip Schema 
  2. Schema 
  3. Buttons 
  4. Date Info
  5. Options 
  6. Description
  7. Gallery 
  8. Price
  9. Name
  10. Model
  11. Not Found Message
  12. Standardise Module Name and Template Name (each)

3.  Bootstrap v4 
CANCELLED

1. Updating full shopside to BSv4 

4.  php7.0
COMPLETE

1. Updating full shopside and full adminside to be 7.0 compliant.

5. getContent calls
DISCUSSION

• Discussion needed 

6. Hook calls 
COMPLETE

• @raiwa has coded, thank you
  • Auto Register Hook for each page

What I don't have plans for, so will not happen;

• Everything else

Why go "Final"

• Too many shopowners and developers wanting a fixed release; 
    almost all feedback tells me rolling updates are not welcome.

After "Final"

No further changes will be made.

Date for "Final"

I was hoping to get it done by the end of this Month, but that is not going to happen.
Sorry Folks, it'll be as and when I have time.

Edited by burt

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

I have a couple of clients live on variants of raiwa's modular product_info which you thought was too granular. Would you like that rolling up into something more suitable - or are you just thinking along the lines of an extra hook or two?

On the subject of which, if they don't come under Everything Else: extra hooks aren't something needing a lot of testing; I'd really like to get index_products in there too if I can - I could do that alongside finishing things in index.php if you're amenable. There are probably other hooks it would be good to get in there before it's set in stone, shopping_cart springs to mind but there may be others.

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

1 hour ago, BrockleyJohn said:

I have a couple of clients live on variants of raiwa's modular product_info which you thought was too granular. Would you like that rolling up into something more suitable - or are you just thinking along the lines of an extra hook or two?

Plan to keep it very simple.  Working from the bottom of the page up and putting the data into Modules (as I did for the "also_purchased" module).

1 hour ago, BrockleyJohn said:

On the subject of which, if they don't come under Everything Else: extra hooks aren't something needing a lot of testing; I'd really like to get index_products in there too if I can - I could do that alongside finishing things in index.php if you're amenable. There are probably other hooks it would be good to get in there before it's set in stone, shopping_cart springs to mind but there may be others.

Could potentially do index_products, depends on what you have and if it fits in with the rest of it..

Pre Placed Hooks: probably not.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

It would be nice if the modular shopping cart could make the list.  :smile:

Dan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

@BrockleyJohn, @burt,  Not sure. but I guess you mean modular shopping cart (and that was a teamwork). I have no modular product info released. Its @kymation who made a modular product info.

Or do you refer to the modular product info I proposed years ago in GitHub if I well remember which isn't even there anymore.

Edited by raiwa

Updated

@Dan Cole @raiwa @BrockleyJohn 
I don't foresee a modular shopping cart in "Final".

It is still in a Branch; https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/commits/Shopping_Cart_Update

59 minutes ago, raiwa said:

@BrockleyJohn@burt@kymation

Or do you refer to the modular product info I proposed years ago in GitHub if I well remember which isn't even there anymore.

@raiwa  It lives on... https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/tree/Modular-Product-Info

For a new install or if your store isn't mobile-friendly, get the community-supported responsive osCommerce here: https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/archive/master.zip

For Github users: Bootstrap addons - one per branch - https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/wiki/Overview-of-Branches

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Posted (edited)

A modular shopping cart page could benefit a lot shop owners and add-on creators. It would be only logical to go that one last step.

Or at least have the module call in there like the product info page has to load the reviews block.

That way new modular add-on pieces could be called like shipping estimator, discount codes, your continue shopping button and so on... 

Edited by Tsimi

When you ask for help/support:

• Always state your osCommerce version
  • If possible, list up installed add-ons
  • 3rd party templates are not supported in the forum

Latest osC: osCommerce CE (Community Edition aka. Edge)

Sure thing, stuff is not set in stone. 

I think that some of you know that pretty much whatever you want can be added/done. 
Other guys have no input at all, they can ask all they want and get nothing.

i have 5 shops with complete modular for all highlights of a shop ( excepts specials, new_products )

mixed from version edge and several adons

it works very flexible i can give every shop a different look and because admin and shops are multi store i only need 1 admin for 5 stores

so i hope that for the final version it will be as modular as possible to expand the current php of my shops

thanks and keep up the good work

@burt

In your latest 28 days modules, #1 (Better Stock Messages), you instruct us to add this to shopping_cart.php

/shopping_cart.php

Find (approx https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/shopping_cart.php#L155-L162 ) :

<?php
      }
    }
?>

</div>

</form>

Add AFTER:

<div class="clearfix"></div>
<?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('shopping_cart'); ?>

In the Ship in Cart reloaded v3.7 add-on, there is this instruction:

(2) OPTIONAL if you have an older, unmodularized shopping cart and wouldn't like to update to the Modular Shopping Cart:
/catalog/shopping_cart.php

FIND:

</form>

<?php
  } else {
?>

Replace with:

</form>

<div class="row">
  <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('shopping_cart'); ?>
</div>

<?php
  } else {
?>

This change is not in your version of Edge as of date 2/15/18.

I acknowledge that this is just one step toward modularizing the Shopping Cart (I'd prefer to see more modularization), what would it hurt to add this to Edge now?

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release here

Updated.

On 14/03/2018 at 2:36 PM, burt said:

Here's what I want to get done to set the Community Version to a "Final" release;

1c. Modularisation of index_products

2.  Modularisation of product_info
Started this years back.  Needs some modules created.

• Strip Schema dfe5c47
  • Schema 82a5cfa
  • Buttons
  • Date Info
  • Options
  • Description
  • Gallery
  • Product Price
  • Product Name

1c. on it...

I think Rainer's modules cover the last 7 bullets but they need bringing up to date with Edge - they're fairly gold.

I do not envisage modules on any page that is not already part or full modularised.
That does not mean that the call cannot be added ready for third party bits and pieces.

It's taken four years to get to where we are now.  Let's get it Final and move on.

For the approach to index_products:

I can't see why the standard modules wouldn't be analogous to nested, ie.

• cm_ip_title
  • cm_ip_description
  • cm_ip_product_listing

A debate could be had around how much to put in the modules and how much to leave in index. My first thought was to leave the select-building in index and basically modularise the output but I've come around to more or less the opposite -

• title module gets the category/manufacturer and outputs title,
  • description module outputs description
  • listing module does all the list query building and sort stuff and inclusion of product listing module

This leaves it open to a store-owner to add extra content modules anywhere below the header in the page without changing core code.

@BrockleyJohn I think I'd prefer to get as much out of the page and into the module.  This way makes it easier for other modules to interact, be built etc.

OP updated.

4 hours ago, burt said:

@BrockleyJohn I think I'd prefer to get as much out of the page and into the module.  This way makes it easier for other modules to interact, be built etc.

@burt good then we're on the same page (:rolleyes:) I'll get cracking on it...

OP Updated -> 2.5 :cool:

@wHiTeHaT Yep.  No one else is coding to push osc forwards so it might as well be me you and @BrockleyJohn