• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Standard not completing once returned to site

hyepo

Hello.   So I tried using paypal standard again since paypal expresss does not list the items customers purchase on the PayPal site (or merhcant emails).  Everything works fine, customers are directedct to paypal pop up and the transaction records both on the buyers and our PayPal account including the individual items they bought...  here's the rub.. when they are directed to "click here to return to site" after reviewing the completed order just placed, when it goes back to my site, the items are still in the shopping cart, no record of the sale under "my orders" and on the admin side, it shows the customer order but did not append.... 

additionally, it does not show up in My orders until I change/append status to at least In Production.    So Until I figure out those items... i am stuck with using paypal express w/o item purchased descriptions.  

I am using the PayPal modules that came with OS Comm v. 2.3.4 with BS

Express is v 3.0

Standard is v3.1

thanks in advance

1.  Use the paypal app - you can still use express or standard in the app
  2. Go through the settings carefully in the documentation and make sure you get them right. Particularly (in standard) the setting of the return url and PDT on.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@Dan and @Brockley John .. when you ask if i installed the app... i just used what was in the modules/payment  then install modules... gave me options, installed authorize.net and paypal express.   Now i wanted to install paypal standard so the items purchased shows on paypal (express does not carry this info to paypal).... was not aware of additional app..  DOH.  Will d/l and report back.  Thanks.. 

PEte

Edited by hyepo