• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

login to admin area not working

breamreaper

Hi I have just installed oscommerce for the first time but cannot seem to login to the admin area. I have noted the username and password I used during setup and when I enter these it just seems to refresh the page without any error messages showing. Clearly I have done something wrong but cannot seem to work out what it is. Can someone help? Thanks.

What version of osC, and what version of PHP? osC 2.3.4.1BS "Edge" is the only really up to date version that you should be using, known to work well up through at least PHP 7.0. Note that it's not the "official" osC release!

Did you install manually a copy from the GitHub repository? If not, you're using the "official" 2.3.4.1 release. While the osC owner calls this "PHP 7 ready", supposedly all he did is suppress the "deprecated" warnings when running on PHP 7. I don't trust this version not to have subtle bugs when running at PHP 5.5 or higher. If you're just starting out, do it right by installing and using the "Edge" version (see my sig below). It's got a lot of bug fixes, is fully PHP 7.0 ready, has new features, and best of all is responsive.

Run the following .php script to get information about your PHP installation, including the version:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Do not publicly give out the URL of your script or list all the output; it contains information that might be useful to a hacker.

Regarding the subdomain showing in the URL, did you put the subdomain name (as subdomain.domain.com) in the configure.php files, rather than domain.com/subdomain/? If so, some hosts need an .htaccess redirect to take domain.com/subdomain/ and turn it back into subdomain.domain.com. I'm assuming you're using the term "subdomain" correctly, and not actually referring to an "add-on" domain (where you should see www.addonname.com instead of www.domain.com/addon/).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived