• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint input options

sinopia

Hello I've this addon installed and modified https://apps.oscommerce.com/wLYWg&imprint-text-options

But now there's a issue. If I choice a product with some attributes (without account) and add it to cart it's fine but then I login into my account and the attributes from imprint addon disappear from cart. If I already have a account it's all fine.

It's recording the session id but as it regenerate a new one at the checkout I think that might be the problem. Anyone know how can I use this as the default attributes from osCommerce? 

You should ask in the support topic of that add-on here

Not sure anyone will answer though the last entry there was in 2013. Whitehat mentioned something about a session issue here.

I don't know what osCommerce version you are using but you might wanna uninstall this add-on and use something like Option Types instead.
Be aware that Option Types requires you to change a lot core code.

@sinopia,

I posted some time ago the solution for the same issue in option type's file upload feature here:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/338661-contribution-option-types-v2/?do=findComment&comment=1704352

@Tsimi then picked it up and integrated it in the new BS option type version.

Hello @Tsimi

I'm using v2.3.4. I've read that topic but didn't find there my solution.

The only issue is if I add to cart a product with those attributes and then login (at it recreates a new session) the product remains on shopping cart but those attributes are gone.

Just should also change the new session id into customers_basket_text_attributes which has session_id + products_id etc..

I don't know exactly what happened but it started to stop working if user login/logout and login/create account (as it recreate the session id).

As I've wrote in the original post (a bit outdated):

Couldn't this register the cookie of the first session and then user login/create account/logout and login again as the session id is recreated at least could get the attributes from the cookie which was the first session?

Also think it stopped worked because the version of PHP was changed (to check a few things) could it probably mess with the sessions?

Well I've set the "Recreate Session" to false and seems to work, is there any security issue about this? I've found this by @Jack_mcs

Having the recreate session is not less secure. It's purpose was to change the session ID for checkout in case the session ID became known, which was common in the early history of oscommerce.  That is unlikely to happen now as long as you have prevent spiders set to true and you are not using the servers tmp directory (see the cache and sessions settings). The session ID will always appear when first visiting a site and may stick around in old shops. If you install one of the url rewriters (Ultimate SEO or SEO 5), that won't happen.

Archived