• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO quistion

daanhessels

I don't see why using h2 is not good but if you want to change it, you need to edit the code added to the index.php and/or index page modules.

Also, in the future, please ask questions about an addon in that addons support thread. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

38 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't see why using h2 is not good but if you want to change it, you need to edit the code added to the index.php and/or index page modules.

Also, in the future, please ask questions about an addon in that addons support thread. 

thanks for the reply

<?php 
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ 
if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { 
   echo '<h2 style="text-decoration:none;">' . $category['categories_htc_description'] . '</h2>';
}  found it on index.php

but i always learned 

h1
text
h2
text

that way but if the text have the h2 it dont mind to ?
And next time i will posted it on the addon thread

Is the complaint here that a paragraph of text is being placed under an <h2> tag, or that there is a place for <h2> header content and nothing was supplied? The former case is an abuse of a header tag, while the latter simply means that any missing header content should be dealt with in an appropriate manner (e.g., suppress the <h2> output). I agree with Daan that a multiline description should simply be a paragraph, while a short single line could be within <h2>. What is the intent here?

I think you might be confusing the use of header tags (h1, h2, etc.) for SEO compared to the recommended format of html coding. For SEO, the h2 tag is mostly ignored as a ranking factor. For html, h2 should be used in text following an h1 tag.

But if you are asking about the code being <h2><p></p></h2>, that is not due to Header Tags SEO code. It just adds the <h2></h2>. The <p></p> is coming from your description. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived