• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is v2.3.4.1 compatible with php 7.0

aaanativearts

I don't recall him saying that but he might have. But I just downloaded the official version and checked a few files and they are not compatible with php 7.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Deprecated php7 errors reporting has been supressed in 2.3.4.1 standard update.

See includes application_top.php:

// set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

if (defined('E_DEPRECATED')) {
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED);
  }

And also a compatibility update in the database function has been included in that update.

So it works without showing errors.

But 2.3.4.1 BS Responsive code is updated and optimized up to php 7.2.

What?! Are you telling me that Harald merely suppressed reporting of "deprecated" errors, rather than truly updating to PHP 7? That's not very good news. I will have to go back to telling people that only "Edge" is PHP 7 ready.

All I did was check if construct was being used in some of the classes, which they are not. Those are not required by php but would cause warnings and possibly make the shop unusable. But assuming raiwa is correct, which he usually is, then that would make the official version 7.0 compatible. I apologize for any confusion I caused.

To the op, if you are using the official version you should replace it regardless of the php question since it is not Responsive.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not going to call 2.3.4.1 "PHP 7 compatible" if all that's been done is to sweep "deprecated" errors under the rug. These are going to break at some later PHP release (when old features are finally removed), and customers will be complaining that osC is a POS. It may well work (more-or-less) with 7.0, but I'll bet it will break in some manner further down the line, as deprecated features are removed or subtly changed. In my book, an application is "compatible" when the code has been fixed to not use deprecated features at all, as "Edge" presumably has been. I was under the impression that's what HPDL had spent all that time doing, but evidently not.

Archived