• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem osc 2.3.4 with reCAPTCHA-2 Form Validation for BS Edge

Hello everybody,

This version of recaptcha and planned for BS BS but I think it must be possible to run it on osc2.3.4 no BS. Knowing that the recaptcha 2.0 becomes mandatory this month I would like to put it in place.
The contribution is here: https://apps.oscommerce.com/f2UI4&recaptcha-2-form-validation-for-bs-edge&p=2

I am on a version 2.3.4 but without BS.
PHP 5.6

Knowing that this contribution is mandatory in that the deadline arrives I must absolutely put it up in my shop.
I try to find the solution to my problem by doing research on the internet but the problem seems to be that with me: /
I followed the file for the installation, I checked several times but I can not find the error.

On my page account_edit.php I have the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method oscTemplate::getContent() in /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/account_edit.php on line 276

I get the same message on every page that is activated in the recaptcha module. When this function is called:

echo $oscTemplate->getContent('forms');

I remain available if need more elements of course. In advance thank you for your help.

@momoxygene18

osC Edge is the most up to date version of osCommerce, and has many refinements over the now obsolete osC 2.3.4 version (which is several years old). It looks like you are trying to incorporate an add-on designed for Edge into an old 2.3.4 store. As I see it, you have three choices ...

1) Consider upgrading your store to osC Edge. This will mean building a new store (there is no in-place upgrade), and bringing all of your customer and product history over into your new store (best option, but much more time and effort), or

2) Find a Recaptcha add-on that is designed to work with osC 2.3.4 (second best option), or

2) Try to bring the portions of your 2.3.4.store up to the current Edge code base (resulting in a Frankenstore that no one will be able to support) (worst option).

HTH

Malcolm

Thank you very much for your answer @ArtcoInc
Not having a lot of time to remake the store completely it is sure that my choice turns more towards the solution N ° 2
But I can not find a recaptcha 2.0 contribution for the verson osc 2.3.4

This contribution is very complete I did not think there was so much difference with the edge version :(

Thanks again for this answer.

Knowing that the recaptcha 2.0 becomes mandatory this month I would like to put it in place.

What do you mean by "mandatory"? Are earlier versions of reCAPTCHA going to become unsupported? Be aware that various "CAPTCHA" schemes, including reCAPTCHA, are no longer very useful. The spammers can easily defeat them, and cranking up the difficulty high enough to stop most bots means that almost all humans are also blocked! You also have to be careful that visually impaired/blind people aren't excluded from your store, or you could face discrimination charges for failing to make "reasonable accommodations". Unfortunately, almost any anti-bot challenge scheme easy enough for most people to pass seems to also be easy for bots to pass.

1 hour ago, MrPhil said:

What do you mean by "mandatory"? Are earlier versions of reCAPTCHA going to become unsupported? Be aware that various "CAPTCHA" schemes, including reCAPTCHA, are no longer very useful. The spammers can easily defeat them, and cranking up the difficulty high enough to stop most bots means that almost all humans are also blocked! You also have to be careful that visually impaired/blind people aren't excluded from your store, or you could face discrimination charges for failing to make "reasonable accommodations". Unfortunately, almost any anti-bot challenge scheme easy enough for most people to pass seems to also be easy for bots to pass.

Google are stopping their v1 implementation of recaptcha shortly. 
That is the one with the road signs or the audio.

The v2 implementation is still fine to use. 
That is the one with the tickbox (which works for 90% of people and is fine for impaired).  The 10% who fail can then go on to see road signs or audio.

There is a v3 implementation which has nothing showing at all.  
It's a PITA. v2 is the best implementation at this point.

4 hours ago, momoxygene18 said:

But I can not find a recaptcha 2.0 contribution for the verson osc 2.3.4

You did not look far.  There is at least one that is available for standard osc2.3.4, I know as I made it :laugh:

@MrPhil

I probably misspoke.
Version 1 of recaptcha is abned and replaced by version 2.0
Version 1 becomes obselete.

I understand your comment for customers and especially the visually impaired or blind.
But what solution do you recommend not to receive a large number of emails "Spam"?

Thanks for your answer.

What about the math solution that we talked about in the past? (What is the sum of X and X?)
It looks simple and everyone, I hope, can count numbers right?

Edited by Tsimi

4 hours ago, Tsimi said:

What about the math solution that we talked about in the past? (What is the sum of X and X?)
It looks simple and everyone, I hope, can count numbers right?

I had so many problems with customers and recaptcha, this is what I did. Not had a complaint since and really easy to code.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Some time ago, either Gary or Jack supplied code to do a math CAPTCHA, where the answer is supplied in the prompt, in case someone misunderstands the question or can't do math(!). I tarted it up a bit to give a variety of prompts, and a variety of answer formats, to discourage bots, and put it on a site Contact page. Unfortunately, I'm now getting an increasing amount of spam through this, which may mean that the bots have cracked it. I may try taking the answer out of the prompt to see what happens, if the amount of spam becomes annoying enough.

I give a few years and AI will anulate all captcha codes so hurry up as you can. All email contact page will be destroyed so you will come back the old and stabil phone services...

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 6 months later...