• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SMTP configuration on osCommerce

sinopia

I'm trying to configure smtp (with authentication) on osCommerce but it's sending it to mail of the store instead clients and as html.

I've followed this guide https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/oscommerce/testing-ecommerce-functionality/setting-up-smtp-with-oscommerce but I think this is out of date, also doesn't send it correctly.

But this tutorial isn't 100% correct and it's not sending correctly. Also all my mails are HTML with the mail manager addon, even set $pMail->IsHTML(true);  and some modifications using this variables: 

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

I've installed the lastest version of PHPMailer but having some issues.

I've been looking but couldn't find anything else, I was wondering if anyone that uses SMTP with authentication can show how it really should be.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Thanks @tgely! Will try it soon.

This works with the latest version of PHPMailer or should simple use that?

I've saw that the code isn't yet PHP 7 compatibility at least at classes/email.php:

class email {
// ...
function email($headers = '') {

Which should be function __construct($headers = '') {

But that I can work later. Other question is about being also compatible with mail manager, all my mails are sent with a html template with that addon.

classes/email.php:

class emailMailManager extends email { 
  function add_html($html, $text = NULL, $images_dir = NULL) {
    $this->html = $html; //tep_convert_linefeeds(array("\r\n", "\n", "\r"), '<br>', $html);
    $this->html_text = tep_convert_linefeeds(array("\r\n", "\n", "\r"), $this->lf, $text);
    if (isset($images_dir)) $this->find_html_images($images_dir);
  }
}

functions/general.php:

//sends it
function tep_mm_sendmail($mail, $email_address, $sender_name, $sender, $output_subject, $output_content_html, $output_content_txt) {
  $mimemessage = new emailMailManager(array('X-Mailer: ad/mail_manager.com'));
  // add html and alternative text version 
  $mimemessage->add_html($output_content_html, $output_content_txt);
  $mimemessage->build_message(); // encoding -> 76 character linebreak, replacements must be done before
  $mimemessage->send($mail, $email_address, $sender_name, $sender, $output_subject, '');
}

@sinopia

email class figured out as a helper class to phpMailer. I dont know about emailMailManager but helper class could be good.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Also I get this message: 

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'tep_cfg_password' not found or invalid function name in /home/x/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1503

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_input_password() in /home/x/public_html/admin/configuration.php(106) : eval()'d code:1 Stack trace: #0 /home/x/public_html/admin/configuration.php(106): eval() #1 {main} thrown in /home/x/public_html/admin/configuration.php(106) : eval()'d code on line 1

This errors I could fix, but my mails are sent this way:

//send email and extra mail to [email protected]
tep_mm_sendmail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $output_subject, $output_content_html, strip_tags($output_content_txt));    
tep_mm_sendmail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $output_subject, $output_content_html, strip_tags($output_content_txt));  
//if mail manager status update email 'inactive' process normally via oscommerce
}else{                        
       tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
     tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
  }

so to sent them via smtp as html mails should I use the tep_mail function as normal?

@sinopia

I have just updated a little fix in Encodings what you could see in github link

This is recommended in utf8 enviroment (about my experiencies)

$phpMail->Encoding = 'quoted-printable';

The best testing mode in admin side when you can send emails to customers. Use your prsonal email address and you could see the results. Apply changes to admin side and test with the new helper class there.

Archived