• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upcoming March 2018 Moneris changes and the impact on Moneris eSELECTplus Canadian Gateway Version 1.1.0 contribution

cinolas

Hi,

I'm running osCommerce 2.3.4 and the Moneris eSELECTplus Canadian Gateway Version 1.1.0 contribution with my Canadian Moneris account. It works well.

I've just received an email advising me of upcoming changes that I should verify compatibility with. The changes that might be pertinent are:

DigiCert and Entrust Certificates (Moneris Gateway and IP Gate) 
Effective March 13, 2018

We will be changing our internet communication security certificates from Verisign to DigiCert and Entrust. This will impact businesses that have not updated their digital certificate or have ‘hard coded’ the existing Verisign certificate.

Action Required:
Integrated and e-commerce merchants who do not have DigiCert and Entrust certificates stored will need to download the packages to their certificate store or trust store.

and

Public IP Address Changes (Moneris Gateway)
Effective March 28, 2018

We will be updating Moneris Gateway Production IP addresses. This will impact any business that uses static IP addresses or firewall rules/whitelists to connect to the Moneris Gateway.

Action Required:
Merchants will need to update their IP address whitelists or firewall rules to allow connections to the new IP addresses.

I've looked through the payment module files and there doesn't appear to be any hard coded IPs. I'm not even sure where to look to see about the certificates.

Are these changes likely to affect the payment module I'm using?

If yes, how do I correct that? If maybe, how do I make sure?

Thank you all!

You can use moneris hosting, I don't think you will have this problem.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum