• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upgrading osCommerce

degenerate

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I'm currently running a very old version of osCommerce (v1.280) and I have no idea how to upgrade it. I'm very new to this and need all of the help I can get.

Thank you in advance.

You can't upgrade it, You will need to start over, though you won't lose any data, if it is done correctly. See this thread to get started.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1.280? Are you sure that's an osCommerce version, and not some third party's template version? More likely it's a template on osC 2.2MS2 (still quite ancient).

Anyway, the gist of it is that you should install osC 2.3.4[.1]BS "Edge", so you have an up-to-date version that is PHP 7 ready and is Responsive (mobile friendly). If you have product and customer data you want to preserve, you can migrate your database over (as well as product images). If you're really at that old of osC version, there are no tools and it will have to be done manually (compare the schemas [table layouts] for both versions, and update your DB to match the new schema, either via phpMyAdmin, or edit the .sql dump). If you're currently on some template, that may be the best way to do it anyway, as conversion tools may not work on a non-standard DB. Replicating function of add-ons or a template is something that you (or someone experienced with this kind of stuff) will have to deal with on a case-by-case basis. There are a number of themes (most are $) for "Edge", or you can add custom CSS to the user.css file to tweak the appearance.

Archived