• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Greetings,

Im upgrading/migrating/ the online shop from 2.2rc2a to EDGE.

I have seen some interesting templates where the Navbar is bellow the Header and the Header has some modules on it that i dont seem to get them anywhere. One of them is the Shopping Cart.

Take this as an example:

[removed]

Any idea how to get the Navbar bellow the Header aswell?

..and btw... the EDGE css is minified wich complicates things if we want to change something. How do we expand it?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Luis Xavier

You should not touch the bootstrap.min.css or the custom.css at all.
Any custom css changes should be added to the users.css file which will overwrite the bootstrap.min.css and custom.css files.

5 hours ago, 14steve14 said:

If you like the template on that page you linked to, buy it and support @burt and the on going progress of the BS version.

You obviously have no idea what "community" stands for.

If you are supposed to buy all the templates you see just coz theres no share of opinion/help, then "community" is a thing that doesnt exist.

The community exist to help developing, fixing and sharing. Thats the point, isnt it?

14 hours ago, Tsimi said:

You should not touch the bootstrap.min.css or the custom.css at all.
Any custom css changes should be added to the users.css file which will overwrite the bootstrap.min.css and custom.css files.

Many thanks, Tsimi. Its a starting point to get knowing how the Bootstraps engine works out.

Be aware that if you move the navbar elsewhere...it might be that you cannot use all of its features.

Put more easily:  Dont move the navbar.  Make your own module which drops into whichever "group" you need the navbar to be, and in this module you have total control over everything.

15 minutes ago, burt said:

Be aware that if you move the navbar elsewhere...it might be that you cannot use all of its features.

Put more easily:  Dont move the navbar.  Make your own module which drops into whichever "group" you need the navbar to be, and in this module you have total control over everything.

Many thanks for your reply.

Im new to the Boostrap versions and im still "digging it out" how it works.

As far as i have seen in dozens of templates, it doesnt creates any sort of problems. Gonna take a closer look at this in diferent equipments. My main problem is the damn shopping cart in the header section. I have seen the Header divided in sections with horizontal and vertical modules installed ( from search to menu links and other stuff ). This is my issue here: How is it done? I dont think its .css only and, by the amount of diferent templates from diferent providers, it has to be a special comunity module that you install and configure. Question is: wich one?!

(out of topic) Another thing that i just noticed is that language translations should be in utf8 with or without dom and the English translation is in ANSI. Problem is that when you switch languages, the shop gets broken by missplacing the modules or creating lines and spaces between stuff. Modifying the English to utf8 solves the problem, tho. Some browsers doesnt seem to react well to the missing ?> tag at the end of the files either. (dont ask)

I have seen you requesting in other topics for people to "lift up" the look of their online shops so it doesnt look all the same. Maybe it should be created a topic specially for this matter where people could share the information and .css code. (just my opinion)

Best regards

2 minutes ago, Owl Sauron said:

Maybe it should be created a topic specially for this matter where people could share the information and .css code. 

Go ahead and make such a thread.  I'm sure you'll find loads of shopowners sharing their code.

Owl Sauron Regarding the cart, it is not clear to me what you mean by "horizontal and vertical modules" but in the later versions of Edge, the modular shopping cart addon is installed. That breaks each part of the shopping cart page into modules. Maybe that is what you mean. Also, keep in mind that templates you find on the web are not always up-to-date. They may not even use the Edge version. So you need to be careful when purchasing one of them. That isn't to say that the template you mentioned is not current. I'm just saying in general.

Regarding the appearance, something that will help a lot is to learn to use the search engines to search the forums. That's how I found the link I mentioned above. I think you will find that most of the questions you have have already been addressed. Here is a thread on changing the appearance. To use a search engine, type this into the search box:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums something to search for

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived