• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to install ??

trekker9876

Download the paypal app and follow the instructions in the pdf to get it installed. Once it is installed, use the update button in its section to update it to the latest version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jack;

After you recommended uploading the PayPal app, I decided to go to the Edge version, which already has it installed. I have been over the module several times, but I cannot find where to input the e-mail address of our account. I keep being told the module will not run without it. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Lark Burnham

Horton, KS, USA

I don't understand what you are inputing. When you click on the Start link it should transfer you to paypal. Does that not happen. If the admin->Paypal section is not showing the Start link, then you can enter the credentials manually in the configure section.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I got to the credentials page, entered e-mail, password, and Merchant ID, but do not know how to find API sig. I saved what was entered, but still getting the message under payment module about configuring API credentials. What is the API sig and how do I find it? Is that what is holding things up? Thanks.

Lark

You have to set that up in your paypal account. If you are going to use paypal standard,  you don't need it. Otherwise you do. If you have already set it up at paypal, then you can use the retrieve credentials button to have the code do it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

others have hijacked this topic of mine, but I still cannot figure out how to install a module

Starting the App PayPal: Start The PayPal App initializes and configures itself the first time it is loaded in the Administration Tool.

this is the only thing about installing i can see in the "documentation" file and the readme.md has even less info.

also there is nothing in the app about loading apps.

please help

1 hour ago, trekker9876 said:

Starting the App PayPal: Start The PayPal App initializes and configures itself the first time it is loaded in the Administration Tool.

this is the only thing about installing i can see in the "documentation" file and the readme.md has even less info.

I haven't read through it recently but there is a PayPay APP guide here that might help.

Dan

1 hour ago, trekker9876 said:

also there is nothing in the app about loading apps

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Once the app is configured, go to admin->Modules->Payment and install the paypal module you want to use and then click on the Manager App button. You can also do this from the Paypal section. That module is ready to use at that point though you may need to adjust the settings. For the Standard module you will need to enter the PDT string.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons