• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

checkout process logs out on trying to get to payment info

@thadson have you changed either of the files checkout_shipping.php or checkout_payment.php?

What is happening is when I click Continue on checkout_shipping is that the request is processed by checkout_shipping which then forwards to checkout_payment but instead of displaying the payments page it throws you back to login.

What I suspect is that something happens in checkout_shipping which loses the customer id stored in the session (after it has been checked), so that when checkout_payment checks it isn't there any more.

This would mean that something changed between lines 20 and 131.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

2 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

@thadson have you changed either of the files checkout_shipping.php or checkout_payment.php?

What is happening is when I click Continue on checkout_shipping is that the request is processed by checkout_shipping which then forwards to checkout_payment but instead of displaying the payments page it throws you back to login.

What I suspect is that something happens in checkout_shipping which loses the customer id stored in the session (after it has been checked), so that when checkout_payment checks it isn't there any more.

This would mean that something changed between lines 20 and 131.

I haven't changed anything in those files.

I'm thinking that I do a fresh install again and test, then move onto filling in the catalogue in a new unit of time...

let's see what happens :-)

thank you All for the help.

I have reinstalled everything, from scratch: new db, new folder, new Edge, and the problem went away, no clue what it could have been...

sorry if I have wasted your time, but I couldn't imagine I had to apply such drastic measures

Thank you very much again.

You could have tried just replacing checkout_shipping, then checkout_payment before being quite so drastic but I'm glad you're up and running!

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@thadson, http://erikoart.com, is this your site?

From your browser, go to developer->inspect element, checkout  the console and network tabs (slightly different in different browsers). Use preserve log and disabled cache, checkout the cookie, it should tell you a lot on what went on during the checkout and aid in the troubleshooting...I'd start there.

5a94c9820715c_ScreenShot2018-02-26at6_54_51PM.thumb.png.4fad2b9d76497f4590a848c5c9e03ec7.png

@thadson I have a new theory of what the problem might have been (an inspiration while shaving!) I recall that your shipping method showed strange characters, probably due to a character set mismatch or corruption in file transfer. Maybe when the shipping was added to the session it was corrupting it and losing the customer information.

If the problem recurs and your shipping method doesn't look right, start there looking for the cause.

11 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

@thadson I have a new theory of what the problem might have been (an inspiration while shaving!) I recall that your shipping method showed strange characters, probably due to a character set mismatch or corruption in file transfer. Maybe when the shipping was added to the session it was corrupting it and losing the customer information.

If the problem recurs and your shipping method doesn't look right, start there looking for the cause.

You are right on the money. I have realized that I added a new shipping module and that is the one causing the problem.

For a particular reason, I need to set up my shipping as First item is $X, every additional item is $Y,  ie first item is $9 and every additional items are $1, so 2 items are $10, 3 items are $11, etc...

I used the add-on from here https://apps.oscommerce.com/MT4Ib&first-item-x-additional-items-y-shipp and following mhsuffolk's advice I changed the

function firstpluszones() {

in firstpluszones.php on line 19 to

function __construct() {

it seems this is a start, but not enough, and it breaks the shipping module in various ways, like blank screen or logging out.

I have attached the original old file and the one modified by me and the language file

what am I missing?

includes_languages_english_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php

includes_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php

includes_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php_orig

20 hours ago, clustersolutions said:

@thadson, http://erikoart.com, is this your site?

From your browser, go to developer->inspect element, checkout  the console and network tabs (slightly different in different browsers). Use preserve log and disabled cache, checkout the cookie, it should tell you a lot on what went on during the checkout and aid in the troubleshooting...I'd start there.

5a94c9820715c_ScreenShot2018-02-26at6_54_51PM.thumb.png.4fad2b9d76497f4590a848c5c9e03ec7.png

the site in question is http://erikoart.com/shop/

thank you for the tip

16 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

5 hours ago, thadson said:

You are right on the money. I have realized that I added a new shipping module and that is the one causing the problem.

For a particular reason, I need to set up my shipping as First item is $X, every additional item is $Y,  ie first item is $9 and every additional items are $1, so 2 items are $10, 3 items are $11, etc...

I used the add-on from here https://apps.oscommerce.com/MT4Ib&first-item-x-additional-items-y-shipp and following mhsuffolk's advice I changed the

function firstpluszones() {

in firstpluszones.php on line 19 to

function __construct() {

it seems this is a start, but not enough, and it breaks the shipping module in various ways, like blank screen or logging out.

I have attached the original old file and the one modified by me and the language file

what am I missing?

includes_languages_english_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php

includes_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php

includes_modules_shipping-firstpluszones.php_orig

It seems that there were problems with both files.

in the modules - shipping dir, I had to add a bunch of  single quotation marks like

$countries_table = constant(MODULE_SHIPPING_FIRSTPLUSZONES_ZONES_COUNTRIES_ . $i);

to

$countries_table = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FIRSTPLUSZONES_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i);

I also had to change the definition of MODULE_SHIPPING_FIRSTPLUSZONES_TEXT_WAY from

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FIRSTPLUSZONES_TEXT_WAY', '(£%s first item, £%s each additional item)');

to

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FIRSTPLUSZONES_TEXT_WAY', '($%s first item, $%s each additional item)');

Now it seems to work...

Thank you again for all your help, I appreciate it.

Just as information, the bootstrap css files inside the theme switcher add-on are not up to date. You will have to download the latest theme files for each one. Latest bootstrap used inside EDGE at the moment is v3.3.7

Check here

On 3/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, Tsimi said:

Just as information, the bootstrap css files inside the theme switcher add-on are not up to date. You will have to download the latest theme files for each one. Latest bootstrap used inside EDGE at the moment is v3.3.7

Check here

Thank you.

Archived