• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Snippets

John W

While I was using the display tool in Adwords for different search terms I stumbled on this snippet.  It's a pretty specific term that I show up like this, but Webmaster tools, shows high up on my list of terms bringing traffic for the last 28 days.  Wish Google would show it for more, but I'll take what I can get.  Mine is the snippet for Dried Flowers "R" Us.  This is an organic listing, not cpc.

Screenshot-2018-2-22 dried flowers for sale - Google Search.png

I'm not really a dog.

Note that these snippets are also geo-targetted.  If I search for the same phrase, I get a shop located in the EU...

BTW, it is interesting that this data comes from your Best Seller List, which has no structured data!

Yes, I knew that it would be geo-targetted, but I only ship within the US.  I check different states and it shows for the ones I've checked.  Rankings vary state by state and cities sometimes. 

I noticed recently that Google changed some of the info it displays for me.  I do think it's interesting that it pulled from the bestselles too!  I have to say I'm pretty happy about this right now.  Everything helps.

I'm not really a dog.

@burt You might find this interesting.  I modified my best sellers to only show items that are in stock a while back, so I only show items that can be purchased at the time.  Anyway, I marked hydrangeas out of stock yesterday and Google has already updated that snippet to reflect this. 

I'm not really a dog.

Archived