• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN - Discount Coupon Codes

Phod

Hello all,

I've spent the better part of two days reading the forums in search of a solution for this problem, but I still haven't found one. Googling this has led to a multitude of dead end forum threads.

I'm using Paypal IPN, Discount Coupon Codes with OnePageCheckout on OSC 2.2rc2. A lot of the contributions that are installed on the site are quite old, and I'm aware that offering support for a heavily modified site is difficult. I'm willing to do the work myself, but if someone could just answer this one question. 

I've got the discount coupon codes working, the totals all show up as expected at the checkout, but the discount isn't applied when the customer is sent to Paypal.  

Can someone tell me where the final total calculations are done before the customer is sent to Paypal? 

One of the other suggestions I tried was enabling the 'aggregate' option in the Paypal IPN module, which works, the coupon discount is applied, but then the USPS shipping price isn't applied when the customer is sent to Paypal.  If I could solve either of these problems, I'd be happy.

Any other information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Z

Of course, as is usually the case, as soon as I post for help, I end up answering at least some of my own questions.

I have found where in the paypal_ipn.php the array is created to send to Paypal. While I have not completely solved all of my problems, I was able to get the discount to apply, in the process_button() function.  Using var_dump($parameters);  I was able to see what's being sent, and I'm working with the following code. Once I get it solved, I'll post what I did.

Archived