• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing CSS

DivebombInc

Uploaded new site template and now I'm trying to edit the CSS to change some background colors and other items.

What's the best way to locate the correct ones? I do the inspect element and see what the class is named, but when I find that and change what seems to be what I want to change nothing happens.

OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.10

I had the same issue, it's caching it and then using that till the cache is cleared, CTRL+F5 did not flush it on my system and code had to be added to force the changes.

Unfortunately, cant tell what or where that code is, BrockleyJohn (User Name) made the changes.

@ArtcoInc
I'm going thorough my cpanel to my stylesheet and looking for what I can tell is the correct part for btn-default, but nothing I do changes anything so I'm either changing the wrong code or I'm in the wrong stylesheet. All I want to do is change a font color because it's invisible against the background color until you hover.

Version is v2.3.4

You can see my site here www.divebombinc.com/index.php

Got it from templatemonster

OSCOM CE Phoenix v1.0.7.10

Sorry but the forum does not provide the after-sales service of templatemonster.
All that concerns the modification of their templates is to ask them directly: their files are so modified that they are the only ones to be able to answer.

with OsC 2.2 since 2006 ...

@DivebombInc

1) We can not offer support for ANY 3rd party template. There are too many of them out there, and most of them are very poorly written (often overwriting a lot of the osCommerce code).

2) Unfortunately, the 'official' 2.3.4 version is obsolete, and will crash when your host upgrades the version of PHP. We *strongly* urge you to switch over to the community Edge build (see the link in my signature). It is responsive (it will adjust to display properly on phones, tablets, etc), is much more modular, etc.

Yes, it will mean starting over. If you have a lot of history, you can move your data over. No, your template won't work on Edge.

Malcolm

Archived