• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ADMIN LOG IN

tina67cheng

First, please sure you are using this version. As for the name, that comes from the admin/includes/configure.php file. If it is what you entered then it is correct.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If that "idp..." is your real admin name, congratulations, you just told the whole world how to get into your store admin (if they know your store URL). I hope it's fake.

Is your store installed in your site root (/)? That's a bad idea. If you ever want to install another application, such as a blog or gallery, your new application will have to pass through osC's .htaccess, which will likely mess it up. A store should be in /catalog (the default) or /store or /shop. While you have no other applications on your site, you can add URL rewrite commands to the .htaccess file to jump your visitors directly from / to /catalog. When you get other applications, some sort of landing page with links to the applications would be best. This way, no store bookmarks or search engine indexes will be invalidated.

Regarding the immediate issue of an inconveniently long admin directory name, you could shorten it to something easier to remember and type (but not too obvious, and certainly not admin). It might be best to actually rename the directory and all references to it in the configure.php files, rather than sticking something in your .htaccess to rewrite a short name to the real name, although the latter would give you the ability to quickly change your admin "id" (short directory name) very quickly. I don't know offhand whether the admin directory is anywhere in the database. Don't forget to remove and reinstall your password protection if you actually rename the directory. I wouldn't try .htaccess code to jump /login.php to the admin side, as you risk messing up your catalog (customer) side when you start putting in shortcuts like that.

Archived