• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using Different Bootstrap Frameworks

Alright, so I'm still using version 2.3.4 and I'm looking to upgrade to the latest bootstrap version by the end of the year, if not sooner.

The main bootstrap theme looks fine but I was wondering if I could incorporate any other bootstrap frameworks for the front-end.

Has anyone had any experience doing this?

I have my eye on a few libraries, particularly the Material Design Bootstrap kits/frameworks but didn't know really where to start to add them to osCommerce....if at all possible.

I did some further digging and I'm going to play around with the latest version of osCommerce on a dev environment.

For my project, I'd imagine the CSS portion will be somewhat simple by overriding various sections as necessary.

On the jQuery side, I just hope I won't run into any conflicting issues. If I run into any problems, I'll follow up here.

It's not clear from your posts whether you're aware that there is already a Bootstrap-enabled version of osC2.3.4.1 ("Edge") out there. See my sig for a link to it. It's currently Bootstrap v3, but v4 is promised fairly soon. You might as well start with the current Edge, and can upgrade later if you wish.

Not sure if i understood correctly what you asked for but here are a few theme or front-faces that look a bit different than the original Bootstrap design.

The latest osC Edge version uses Bootstrap 3.3.7 which will be updated to BS 4 somewhere this year.
Have a look at this page for more BS 3.3.7 front-faces.

For more complex theme changes with zero or very few core code changes have a look at one of the osC partners here.

Archived