• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How configure SMTP email

nebojsa

I am new here, and today first time installed OSCommerce. I have some experience with some other e-commerce software, during settings options and e-mail settings not see way set email parametersa as user name, password, port, outgoing mail server.

Does anyone can explain how install email, after my installing no mail outgoing when use tools mail.

Thanks

If you're on a linux server, use sendmail.  I've used that for 16 years without a problem.  There are some email settings under configuration in the admin folder.  It's good to go through the settings and get familiar.

I'm not really a dog.

nebojsa  As John mentioned, you don't need to install anything. It uses the servers mailer to send email.  If you are talking about setting up your phone to access your site, that depends on your server and you should ask your host about it.

Also, please be sure this is the package you installed before you get too far along.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived