• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Please - Unable to sign in to admin

sunshynecraftsbeads

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I was working on my website with no problems. But last night when I tried to sign in to my admin I would get a message saying the following even though I know I was using the correct password

Error Error: The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes.

After reading suggestions from the form I attempted going into my phpadmin and deleted the administrator then tried to create one on my admin page but that did not work. It would let me creat a admin but when I attempted to sign in the same message would pop up.

I am sure there is a way to fix this or configure it but I am clueless. Please help so I can sign in to my admin again.

Thanks for reading & any assistance you can offer. 

Version 2.3.4 BS

Please note that the following is not a fix. It is just a way to get around the problem. The problem should be fixed but would require troubleshooting and isn't something that can be handled in a support thread. In admin/login.php, change this line

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) {

to

if (true) {

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

7 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Please note that the following is not a fix. It is just a way to get around the problem. The problem should be fixed but would require troubleshooting and isn't something that can be handled in a support thread. In admin/login.php, change this line

if ($actionRecorder->canPerform()) {

to

if (true) {

Good day Jack.

Thank you so much for the help. That worked. I am now able to access my admin area. As this is not a fix is there something else that I should do ? Your help was greatly appreciated.

You can try removing the change. If the problem is that the action recorder was confused, that should be fixed now and the login will work as normal. If it is something else, you can either run that way to have someone troubleshoot it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived