• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to have Products appear under Categories

caricc135

If you are saying the products will not display in the categories box, that is the correct operation. It is only meant to show categories. It is possible to change it but the idea is to click on the category and have the products displayed on a page.

If you are saying the products won't appear on the page, did they ever show up? Do you have any enabled products? What version of shop are you using?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Currently using version 2.3.4.1.  Items in catalog do show up on the initial page "New Products" page. But when the categories on the left side of the page is selected there no products appear. Even when sub-categories are used. The number of items shows up for the contents but they will not display when selected. Say I have listed a category of "CD Audio Discs" and it will show "CD Audio Discs (9)" under categories but when I select it, the page is blank, even though I have items listed on the main screen.  Screen Shot 1 shows the main page shown to customers.

Screen shot 1.png

As mentioned, that is how it is supposed to work. If a category has products but also sub-categories, only the categories are shown. There are addons that will change this so that both categories and products are shown. I can't recall the addon names but some of these may help find them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

If I understand the screenshot correctly the selected category has no sub categories but products in it? Then something must be wrong with index.php or /includes/modules/product_listing.php, would be my first guess, have you done any changes to one of those?

Best regards

Christoph

Are there products as well as sub-categories listed under the categories?  I've had problems in the past when there were a mix of products and sub-categories listed under a particular category.

Dan 

There's definitely something broken here. Clicking on a category leaf that has products (e.g., CD Audio Discs) should show the products in the center area. Instead, it's always blank. Assuming that those "new" products on the home page are properly entered and are the 9 items claimed by the category, they should show up in the center div.

The code below the breadcrumb (You are here) is just

<div>            </div>

I.e., blank content. For some reason the products aren't being added to the div.

Carl, are you using the "official" 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 downloaded from this site, or your host's installer? Before you get too far along in this, you should install and use the 2.3.4BS Edge edition, which is more up to date and is responsive (mobile friendly). See the link in my sig below. In case your problem is being caused by running an old osC version on a newer PHP version, that might even clear up your problem.

Archived