• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reply to Jack_mcs about Error (60) e-mails

suscrofa

Thanks, Jack!

The SSL was installed by our IP, Netfirms.com of Canada, could it still be BOM IF:

The cert worked fine, without e-mail error messages for at least a month after the store was set up?

They seemed to disappear for a while after I turned off the ‘check SSL in admin, we were getting five e-mails with every order.

The orders indicated in the e-mail error message was placed without any other problems, AND no error appears on-screen during the checkout process.

We also get an error e-mail when someone starts to make an order, and then changes their mind.

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks again.

Lark

I'm sorry but I've no idea what this refers to. It's like your post started in the middle of a thread but I can't find the thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for the confusion. This is what I wrote to you yesterday via your profile, and what you replied via e-mail:

Hi, Jack!

I saw your replies to a guy with error (60) and SSL. I have that error as well, but mine says: Error from cURL: Error [60]: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed experienced by customer with id 21 Pam Keller on 2018-02-05 06:36:27

I get this in an e-mail, no messages on the website. I turned off the Check SSL in admin, and server says everything is fine with the SSL. Is this a BOM problem as well?

Thanks.

Lark Burnham, Horton, KS, USA

Go to this Status

J_member_17188.png  
Jack_mcs replied:

It could be. You need to replace the cert first to be sure it is a valid one. It was posted in that thread. When you save it, save it with a php editor. Other, non-php editors will cause the BOM problem. The file I had used was downloaded from a different site and I didn't think to verify the file until it wouldn't work.

The cert that is having a problem is a file in your shop, not the cert your host installed. When you turn the ssl option off in the module, you are bypassing the code that uses the internal cert so it works. But that is a non-secure connection and you shouldn't run that way. You need to replace this file in your shop

ext/modules/payment/authorizenet/authorize.net.crt

You can download it from the thread you found my post in (I don't have a link to it). After you replace the file, be sure to enable the ssl mode in the settings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack;

Thank you. I went back to that thread, found your code, downloaded the free Editor, but have no idea how to look for BOM's. I usually use Notepad ++, and the new editor did not recognize some of the symbols in your code. Still trying to upload to IP. We have gotten the same error messages with PayPal purchases, do you have a new certificate for that?

Thanks again.

Lark

I think you are getting sidetracked by the BOM. There's no reason to think that is your problem unless you have uploaded the cert first posted in that thread and it still fails. I don't know what you mean by some of the symbols. I don't have a link to that thread so I can't comment on that. But the process is simple:

1.  Copy the cert from the thread.
  2.  Save it to a file with the correct name.
  3.  Upload it to the correct location on the server.

I've already posted the location and file name. Which of the above steps are you getting stuck on?

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have saved your code to the file of the same name as the old cert, deleted the old cert, but everytime I try to upload it to the server, it doesn't see it until I click 'all files', and then when I try to save it to the sevrer, nothing is there. I have tried this sevral times.

Do you have the correct cert for PayPal?

Thanks.

Lark

Chatted with Support, said .crt files cannot be uploaded via File Manager, had to use FTP. I see it in the right place in Filezilla, but hasn't appeared in File Manager yet. I will check again tomorrow, then change check SSl, and do a test sale.

First time something didn't upload in FM.

Do you have the correct crt for PayPal? Thanks.

Lark

Dear Jack;

Sorry for the delay, I have made several attempts to repeat the sequence as described in this thread:

https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410623-curl-error-60-peer-certificate-cannot-be-authenticated-with-given-ca-certificates/?tab=comments#comment-1752918

However, I still get this e-mail message:

Error from cURL: Error [60]: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed experienced by customer with id 1 Lark Burnham on 2018-02-11 20:20:57

I was able to save with no BOM via Notepad ++, which is what I used to change the code. To complicate matters, we have 2 stores, both originally sent error messages, both got the same changed CA. Only one still gets the above error message.

I changed the verify SSL to 'true'.  I get the same error message with PayPal orders.

I went through the whole routine as described in your replies, step-by-step, at least three times, with the same result.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Lark

I'm sorry but you've totally lost me. The only thread I posted in about a BOM had to do with authorize.net. If you are using paypal and you uploaded that cert file to the paypal directory then that will certainly fail. If you are using authorize.net, use the file in that thread, disregarding my post. If you are using Paypal, install the Paypal app.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The cert was nstalled to authorize.net as to your directions, it does not have BOM and yet I still get error messages. I installed PayPal Express in both stores and all was working fine until late fall. I get the same error message for PayPal orders as I do for those with authorize.net, even when the latter has been updated as described in the thread. There is a PayPal cert listed in ext/modules/payment/paypal/. These are two separate modules/certs, yet both trigger the same error message.

Please test your site here. It should get a score of A but, more importantly, scroll down to the configuration section and make sure TLS 1.2 is enabled.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Re-installing the authorize.net module won't replace the cert file so if that is corrupted, it will still be corrupted. For paypal, no one has reported that problem when using the Paypal App. if you are not using the App then you will have other problems so I suggest doing that first.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Paypal made a number of changes over the last few years and the Paypal App is the only paypal module that handles all of those. So if you are not using the app, you are using out-dated and unsupported code. Another difference is that the app is really a package that contains all paypal modules.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived