• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restock product quantity on order delete doesn't switch status to 1

raiwa

Not sure if this has been discussed before, I didn't find anything.

Scenario:

• Check stock level  and Subtract stock is set to true
  • An order is placed which reduces product stock to zero and turns product status to false
  • This order is deleted in admin with the checkbox " Restock product quantity " ticked
  • Products stock is correct restocked to the quantity before this order
  • Product status is still in false

Shouldn't the product status also be resetted to "true" in that case or at least a checkbox  and condition added "switch product status to true"

The code modification (without additional checkbox and condition) would be:

in: admin/includes/functions/general.php within the "tep_remove_order" function:

change:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = products_quantity + " . $order['products_quantity'] . ", products_ordered = products_ordered - " . $order['products_quantity'] . " where products_id = '" . (int)$order['products_id'] . "'");

to:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = products_quantity + " . $order['products_quantity'] . ", products_ordered = products_ordered - " . $order['products_quantity'] . ", products_status = (IF(products_quantity + " . $order['products_quantity'] . " > 0, 1, 0))  where products_id = '" . (int)$order['products_id'] . "'");

Hmmmm... I dont have any problem at all with that. Everything works fine on osC 2.3.4 BS. Without the recommanded changes from @raiwa

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

@raiwa

In which version of osC is this happening to you?
Is it a loaded shop or vanilla osC?

I just quickly installed the latest Edge version on my local server and tested it.
I set quantity to 1 and bought the item. In the admin area even with quantity 0 status is set to "true" and not "false".
So the product still shows inside the shop even with stock quantity 0. Not ideal if you ask me.
In the Configuration settings "Stock" I set Allow checkout to "false" and it does prevent checkout since item has 0 quantity.

I am not sure if osC was handling products statuses always like that though.

I can set the status to false manually but it won't go back to true if I restock the quantity.

Hope what I just explained made sense.

@mcmannehan, @Tsimi,

Sorry, my described scenario was uncomplete.

It must say:

Scenario:

• Allow Checkout is set to false
  • Check stock level  and Subtract stock is set to true

Like this when the stock reaches zero after an order is completed, the status is set to false (zero).

The relevant code is in checkout_process.php ( and paypal_standard.php and other external payment modules):

line 174-177:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . (int)$stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
        if ( ($stock_left < 1) && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'false') ) {
          tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");
        }

@Tsimi, I discovered it on a real store, but checked now in a vanilla test installation of the latest 2.3.4.1 EDGE and it is just the same like described.

@mcmannehan, please try it with exact the described scenario and settings. If you have Allow Checkout set to true, the described problem does not appear. See the above code.
Could you also explain what exact you mean by "Everything works fine ". Does the products status stay in "true" when reaching zero stock or does it get switched back to "true" on restocking?

rgds

Rainer

@raiwa

Had another go at it and this time I could recreate the situation.
Your code fix inside the first post works like a charm. It is only logical to have the status switch back to green when the quantity is larger than 0.
I would like to see the same if you update the product quantity inside the categories.php

case update_product?

You can switch it manually after you updated the quantity but a more automated approach would be cool.

@Tsimi, my scenarion is a specific case when an order is deleted (cancelled) and the products are therefore available again. On the categories page there may be good reasons to keep stock and status as separate concepts. A store owner may wish to update products stock without changing the status of a product. I believe at least there should be a checkbox to make the update optional. And for an add-on or core inclusion of my suggested modification in orders.php there should be also a check-box be added to make the status update optional.

Archived