• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Product Updates for osc 2.3+

BrockleyJohn

I am uploading a new version of the addon and since the original support thread is dead, here is a new one.

The new version is compatible with all 2.3+ versions of osCommerce including 2.3.4BS Edge and requires no file changes or separate SQL on installation.

Download link to follow shortly.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

ok - so I don't have update access! Link to follow when that's worked around...

The new version adds support for bulk update of specials and product prices where specials exist.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks @justcatering - who funded this version, did much of the port to 2.3 and just uploaded the latest file to:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/XpKWd&quick-update-bs

Hi John,

Trying to check some price changes on live site, was just wanting to prevew a posiable price rise but its not allowing this, all I get is an error and no change is shown in preview! Individual  prices changes work but it will not allow % preview

image.png.5290f9d63ffe4c49a4ce4bab62c974eb.png

In case anyone other than Zahid is following, I'm looking into this. Zero prices were not in my test plan (or design), I confess.

Hi John,

Just some more feedback, not sure why this should be happening but the layout changes depending on number of products beeing displayed. Only happens when you do a preview in the layout shown. When i remove Model it works. It also only occures when you select more than 55 products to display!

image.thumb.png.de022d44a9f3ddefc37b2b04704b7211.png

image.thumb.png.e3c7fff41c546566c25182a169a0eeb1.png

That's just because you're displaying too many fields to fit into the screen width - could perhaps do something different with the specials date format (like put it into the field as a placeholder instead)

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, puggybelle said:

Will this contribution work with 2.3.4.1 CE?

- Andrea

I don't know that it's actually been tried on 2.3.4.1 CE but it's a stand-alone admin page so it should be fine. It is running in sites with code only a month or so older than that. You can't break anything else by installing it.

Okay, I'll give it a shot!

I have Quick Updates in my 2.2 site and it's an invaluable tool to have for shops with thousands of items. 

Thanks!

- Andrea

• 11 months later...

A couple of questions - using Frozen CE BS

1. Can the price field be changed to use and modify the Products Price (Gross):  instead of Products Price (Net):  <- as it is know we have to use a calc to work out the ex gst price each time
  2. I have update the date layout in includes/languages/english.php  and admin/includes/languages/english.php  but the special section still wants 0000-00-00 <- needs to be dd-mm-yyyy

Many thanks

5 hours ago, supercheaphobb said:

A couple of questions - using Frozen CE BS

1. Can the price field be changed to use and modify the Products Price (Gross):  instead of Products Price (Net):  <- as it is know we have to use a calc to work out the ex gst price each time
  2. I have update the date layout in includes/languages/english.php  and admin/includes/languages/english.php  but the special section still wants 0000-00-00 <- needs to be dd-mm-yyyy

Many thanks

Both are possible, though the specials date layout is taken directly from the core specials page. I think the gross/net is more likely to be generally useful (it's a lot harder to do tax calculations in your head every time than think about a date format on occasion). I'll message you...

Hi,

I get this error on Top category level-

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select manufacturers_name from manufacturers where manufacturers_id=

[TEP STOP]

Please help.. Using Frozen BS 3 version;

Thank you for helping me in advance;

Regds/

radhavallabh

30 minutes ago, radhavallabh said:

Hi,

I get this error on Top category level-

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select manufacturers_name from manufacturers where manufacturers_id=

[TEP STOP]

Please help.. Using Frozen BS 3 version;

Thank you for helping me in advance;

Regds/

radhavallabh

Yeah, that's a bit of crap old code. As a workaround, enable manufacturer updates in the settings and the error will go away. I'm working on an update for Troy and will incorporate a fix.

20 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Yeah, that's a bit of crap old code. As a workaround, enable manufacturer updates in the settings and the error will go away. I'm working on an update for Troy and will incorporate a fix.

Thank you so much dear!! Works perfectly.

Warm Regds./

radhavallabh

28 minutes ago, radhavallabh said:

I want to update all products at once but it has a page limit, Can you please suggest a fix..

What are you trying to achieve? You can probably do it in phpmyadmin.

10 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

Or perhaps Easy Populate.

Dan

19 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

I am trying to update the prices site wide by x%.. I used Modify Prices in previous Oscommerce versions to achieve it.

Your help will be deeply appreciated.

46 minutes ago, radhavallabh said:

I am trying to update the prices site wide by x%.. I used Modify Prices in previous Oscommerce versions to achieve it.

Your help will be deeply appreciated.

ok, you can do this in the addon by cheating a little. Start by changing the page to show the maximum number of lines in the drop-down (100). You'll see this adds a parameter to the end of the url: row_by_page=100

Just edit this to a bigger number than the number of products you have, eg row_by_page=10000

BUT the code is not written very efficiently and you may find that it times out trying to update too many products.

A simple solution may be to simply use phpMyAdmin to run a simple SQL query somthng like,

UPDATE products SET `products_price`=`products_price`+100 (100 can be replaced by any number you like)

Test by first simulating on your db and backup first.

image.thumb.png.443cab97cf9e683391e79d59f6d18e85.png