• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal_express - no shipping included??

storeweb88

Have you made sure that your paypal account is set up correctly to add shipping. I seem to remember that somewhere in your paypal preferences within your profile there used to be settings for shipping.

The other thing to check is that other payment methods on your site add the correct shipping. Do a test purchase yourself and see what happens. You could also create a sandbox account at paypal to test everything is working correctly.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

If I remember rightly (and bear in mind that I might not be)...

Paypal Express adds the shipping *after* you have been to the Paypal website and back to the shop.  So you won't see a shipping charge until the checkout is almost complete.

Paypal Express add-on is bugy and in the EU, for legal reasons, only conditionally usable.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

4 hours ago, mcmannehan said:

Paypal Express add-on is bugy and in the EU, for legal reasons, only conditionally usable.

@mcmannehan can you explain a bit further about this comment as it seems intentionally very vague and I dont believe that paypal would do anything intentionally illegal.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@14steve14 In the EU, the General Terms and Conditions must be confirmed after each purchase in the shop. Paypal Express forwards directly to paypal, so a confirmation is not possible. Many of my customers had to pay penalty already.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

The PayPal express module of ther newest PayPal App version 5.018 always returns to the checkout confirmation page where the customer must confirm the purchase. No payment is done before.

I have problems with the paypal express, but not paypal standard.  However, when I test with a flat shipping fee, it works.  But, I use fedex wsdl and it doesnt' come back with shipping.  So, I've been using standard.

I'm not really a dog.

Archived