Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.C.

Another "can't add to cart" thread

On an old 2.2 shop (I know, I know) I have a drastic drop in orders, along with a few folks telling me they can't add anything to their cart. Like, it just takes them to the empty cart page.....I haven't changed anything on the site or the server, and I can make all the test orders I want on various browsers/devices. So, I am getting orders still, and I can't replicate the problem myself.

Would something like an item not being added to the cart result in an error that I could see somewhere? And, if so, where? I've never done an error log thing, but I've seen it discussed over the years........Anyone that can drop a hint or share an experience similar to mine would be greatly appreciated.

@B.C.

Check with your host to see if they have made any upgrades to the version of PHP the server is running.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

They hadn't, but I was on an old version of php (5.2.9) and they said they'd up it to the 5.6.33 version to see if that would help.

osC 2.2 will not run correctly on PHP 5.6. Have you checked all your file timestamps to see if some hacker has changed something? Anyway, it's time to install osC 2.3.4BS Edge and migrate your data (including the database) over to it, once you have PHP 5.6 available. It's not worth trying to fix such an old installation as 2.2.

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozen or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release